If James Martin were elected Pope would you finally go sedevacantist?
If that were ever to happen, that him -- or someone like him -- were elected Pope, would you agree that this buddy can't  possibly be the Vicar of Christ?
Buddy, times are hard enough. Don't rock the boat more than it is already being shook. We'll see better times. Keep the Faith.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jacafamala's post:
  • austenbosten, Credidi Propter, Dominicana, The Tax Collector
Nope. I fought the idea of the Petrine Primacy actively until I was 33 years old. Nothing will drive me to doubt it. Should Martin or one of his ilk be validly elected Pope, I will just rely on God and the promises of Christ that he will be able to do no lasting harm to the Church.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(01-03-2018, 07:35 PM)FultonFan Wrote: If that were ever to happen, that him -- or someone like him -- were elected Pope, would you agree that this buddy can't  possibly be the Vicar of Christ?

Well, let's put it this way. If the Pope were to publicly denounce Jesus would he not then be the Pope?

O wait, that already happened... 2000 years ago.

If that didn't invalidate the papacy then I doubt Pope Francis or James Martin or anyone else could.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
It depends on whether or not Fr. Martin has "received" the teaching of the Papacy.  Wink

If you've heard his opinion on homosexuals, this will make sense.