Canadian snowmobilers rescue large moose trapped in deep snow
It’s what we do eh!

"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
Posted on my blog!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

My cousin was chased by a moose once.

He was walking his dog and then they got a bit close to one, apparently, so s/he took off after them. Apparently, the dog thought it was a really fun time.
Cool video! 

Is this the stereotype thread? :D
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
Neat video. Snowbound moose and other cervids are, though, an important winter food resource for the gray wolf.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cyriacus's post:
  • The Tax Collector
(01-04-2018, 10:03 AM)YCyriacus Wrote: Neat video. Snowbound moose and other cervids are, though, an important winter food resource for the gray wolf.

Lol, you are absolutely right. Everything comes does to perspective. Those newfies are disturbing the predator-prey balance through human interaction.  What an uncanadian thing to do!
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
(01-04-2018, 10:03 AM)Cyriacus Wrote: Neat video. Snowbound moose and other cervids are, though, an important winter food resource for the gray wolf.

Assuming that this is actually on The Rock, moose are an introduced specimen, not native to Newfoundland. This is one reason why moose are such a problem on the island. There are no native predators. 

And there are no native wolves on the island. There have been reports of sightings of a grey wolf subspecies, but there is no evidence that there is a breeding population currently present.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti...