Attention-Deficit And Autism
My views on over vaccination have been voiced many times hereabouts, so I won't bother with it here. This article is one more nail in the coffin, so to speak:

Quote:Link to Original Article

Attention-Deficit And Autism
January 4, 2017 by sd
[Image: logoinside.gif]

[Image: Increase_in_autism_diagnosis.png]
It’s flu season and many take vaccinations for it.
It’s difficult to discern which is more harmful: the flu (particularly striking the very young or elderly) or the vaccine itself.
It’s not a call we’re qualified to make.
It’s a call perhaps no one is qualified to make, at this point (including medical “experts”).
The business of vaccinations is certainly a huge one. The problem: vaccinations are not natural and interpose foreign elements, including metals like aluminum, and in some cases mercury, into our systems.
Reports of severe reactions to that are not rare — and too many parents have noted a sudden and radical effect on their children after they’ve received vaccine “cocktails” or combos, including a descent into autism (mercury, used less than it used to be, but perhaps causing residual effect, can affect the brain).
[Image: 326px-Sobo_1909_624.png]And so many have asked, as have we, through the years: Might it be that the epidemic of autism as well as “attention-deficit” syndrome are linked? Or at least: why so many kids with focus problems?
One of the proponents of “attention-deficit-disorder” diagnoses, Dr. Keith Conners, notes that recent data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show such a diagnosis has been made in fifteen percent of high school-age children, and that the number of children on medication for the disorder soared (take in these numbers) to 3.5 million from 600,000 in 1990. He questioned the rising rates of diagnosis and called them “a national disaster of dangerous proportions” (according to The New York Times).
A six-fold increase since 1990? “The numbers make it look like an epidemic. Well, it’s not. It’s preposterous,” Dr. Conners, a psychologist and professor emeritus at Duke University, said in an interview. “This is a concoction to justify the giving out of medication at unprecedented and unjustifiable levels.”
When it comes to a deficit in attention, going back to the old way of life — simpler food (far less sugar) and letting kids play outside far more than school currently do — might go a long way.
What we probably do not need: all the newfangled drugs they treat “attention-deficit disorder” with. 
In fact, in many cases a decreased attention span has afflicted us all and may be more the result of a lack of discipline and exposure to television, cell phones, and the internet than anything physical.
Meanwhile, we must ask whether are we pushing kids too hard when it comes to the intellectual side.
[Image: brain-transplants-merl.jpg]study reported recently in School Psychology Quarterly underscored the importance of recess for kids with ADHD: “Results showed that levels of inappropriate behavior were consistently higher on days when participants [with ADHD] did not have recess, compared to days when they did have it.”
As for autism, which gets more serious: A while ago actor Robert DeNiro, who has an autistic child, joined a press conference to expose the autism-vaccine connection. He was joined by Robert Kennedy Jr., who spearheads the drive to expose what they see as a clear connection.
President Trump is very sympathetic. As the American Conservative reported:
“Since at least 2007, Trump has suggested that the recent ‘epidemic’ of autism might be related to current immunization practices. He is not categorically against immunization—in fact, he is ‘totally in favor of vaccines,’ as he says—but he suggests that the rate and quantity of injections given to infants, per the recommended immunization schedule, may contribute to incidents of autism. In Trump’s words, ‘massive combined inoculations’ and ‘simultaneous vaccinations’ may be producing a wave of  ‘doctor-inflicted autism.’” (Some wander if his son Barron has been affected; Barron was born in 2006.)
Meanwhile, a study at Yale University recently reported that “patients diagnosed with neuropsychiatric disorders like obsessive-compulsive disorder and anorexia nervosa were more likely to have received vaccinations three months prior to their diagnoses” and “one vaccine in particular: the influenza vaccine, which was associated with higher rates of obsessive-compulsive disorder, anorexia, anxiety disorder and tic disorder.”
Pretty rampant in our time, aren’t these “afflictions”? Even some allergies have been connected, perhaps due to the reaction of our immune systems to the foreign substances — some of which, in a few vaccines, were originally derived from cell lines extracted from aborted infants. (Here’s a list of vaccines that involve that. Or go to this site.)
That is evil (as is profiting on health), and evil bears poor fruit.
[See: an autism miracle]
[See: the vaccine-abortion question and list of ingredients]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
My wife has done a good amount of research on ADHD (her dissertation was on the topic). I can't remember a lot of the stuff she's told me Angel , but the vast majority of ADHD kids grow out of it by the time they reach adulthood. Unfortunately, the major issue is that it impacts their education when they're younger, they tend to be very disruptive in the classroom and perform poorly on testing. Most ADHD kids also have working memory issues. 

My personal opinion is that a lot of the hyperactivity involved can probably be cut down with a more regimented (prayer) life.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
I believe the rise in such disorders is mostly a product of over-diagnosis. Notice how many children with "adhd" act just how you would expect any spoiled, I'll disciplined child wwould act. Not to mention the constant access to phones, television, etc.

Its not that I dont think ADHD doesnt exist, I just think that many are wrongly diagnosed with it. 

As for autism, I myself am autistic. At some points severely so. I do not get vaccinations unless I am absolutely required to but I have never bought the "vaccinations cause autism" propoganda.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
I finally watched the movie Vaxxed.

Before I watched it I figured it was about radical views of folks wanting to do away with vaccines altogether, but that wasn't the case at all.  They just wanted to spread out the administration and have some side by side studies done and can't get any cooperation.

Plus it's clear the CDC (Rockefeller Foundation) falsified the data when saying they are safe!

Now they BANNED this movie in Australia.  That should be a HUGE red flag!

Bill Gates says that for heavens sakes the vaccines aren't killing anyone.

No, they aren't killing people but they are making sure that a large percentage of men, especially African American men will not be able to marry and have children.  

Population control anyone?

I highly recommend watching the movie.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
Maybe it isn’t ADHD that is causing an energetic child to not want to sit in a desk for several hours a day. Maybe it’s just part of being a kid. Why is it the child’s disorder that everyone else has a problem with him?  Maybe the system to which they are attempting to force him to conform is disordered, not the child.
(01-04-2018, 12:24 PM)GangGreen Wrote: My wife has done a good amount of research on ADHD (her dissertation was on the topic). I can't remember a lot of the stuff she's told me Angel , but the vast majority of ADHD kids grow out of it by the time they reach adulthood. Unfortunately, the major issue is that it impacts their education when they're younger, they tend to be very disruptive in the classroom and perform poorly on testing. Most ADHD kids also have working memory issues. 

Yep, my middle boy (10) is like that. He was diagnosed with severe ADHD and some writing issue I can't remember the name of; basically it's like there's no switch between his brain and hand. So he could see "cat" on the board, read "cat", spell "C-A-T", but would sit blankly for 10 minutes before he could write the word. Thankfully, he seems to have outgrown that part. Anyways, it's always been difficult for him to sit still and focus, so he falls behind, so the work progresses, so he falls behind more, etc. Plus he's super-competitive, so in his mind, if he couldn't do it as well as his classmates, then he just wasn't going to do it. We've moved him around with different teachers, taken him for counseling and occupational therapy, and finally tried Ritalin. I hated to do it, but we'd exhausted all options. Long story short, he was on Ritalin for 8-9 months, and we've been able to wean him off it, while maintaining a good classroom performance.

Quote:My personal opinion is that a lot of the hyperactivity involved can probably be cut down with a more regimented (prayer) life.

Funny thing about that, my super hyper 10 year old I mentioned above has also always been my best behaved during Mass.

(01-04-2018, 03:46 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: Maybe it isn’t ADHD that is causing an energetic child to not want to sit in a desk for several hours a day. Maybe it’s just part of being a kid. Why is it the child’s disorder that everyone else has a problem with him?  Maybe the system to which they are attempting to force him to conform is disordered, not the child.

Yep, in the push by Big Pharm to get everyone hopped up, people are overlooking the basic idea of kids will be kids. I do believe that there are kids out there who need medication, at least for awhile, to help them focus and learn, but I also believe docs have been too quick to push medications.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
The writing issues is called dyspraxia.  I've had students with it and it can be a real difficulty.  There are work around options.  

As for the whole ADHD: food adjustments can really help.  They say some food additives can make it worse.  Sugar and other things do too.  Oddly, caffeine can help.  How that works I have no idea.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
(01-05-2018, 07:46 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Yep, my middle boy (10) is like that.  He was diagnosed with severe ADHD and some writing issue I can't remember the name of; basically it's like there's no switch between his brain and hand. 
Perhaps you mean Dysgraphia, a disorder that is similar to dyslexia, which is something I had issues with and still do at times. Good to hear you escaped the Big Pharma lie that leads you into their trap of dependency.

BTW: Dyspraxia is a physical coordination disorder. It can often be so severe as to make the victim unable to write or have other motor coordination issues that are debilitating.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(01-05-2018, 12:11 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: The writing issues is called dyspraxia. 

That's it, thanks! Smile I couldn't remember earlier, and didn't feel like fumbling around for his files. He seems to have outgrown it, thankfully.

Quote:As for the whole ADHD: food adjustments can really help.  They say some food additives can make it worse.  Sugar and other things do too.  Oddly, caffeine can help.  How that works I have no idea.

Diet regulation was one of the things we implemented. Cutting back on processed food seems to help the boys' focus and overall behavior, and in Circus Boy's case we especially restrict red beverages. I don't know why, but he can drink orange Hi-C or Fanta and be fine. He drinks red Hi-C or Fanta at a picnic, and he'll be going bat-poop crazy for a good 48 hours.

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

(01-05-2018, 12:40 PM)Zedta Wrote: Good to hear you escaped the Big Pharma lie that leads you into their trap of dependency.

I'm not sure I'd say lie so much as grossly overused truth. In his case, the meds gave him the ability to focus so he could learn, then build his confidence as he realized he wasn't dumber than his classmates, so we could then wean him off gradually. But then, our pediatrician looks at different aspects of the kids life instead of just saying "pop these."