I'll be seeing St. Francis Xavier's relic this evening. How to visit properly(?)
What is the proper, Traditional Catholic way to observe the relic?  (i.e. prayers, meditations, etc.)
It’s an arm, isn’t it?  I’d wave at it. An arm that old isn’t likely to hold up to a handshake or a high five.
[-] The following 2 users Like Credidi Propter's post:
  • dahveed, Jeeter
I'll say with respect, and reflection upon his life and what he did to attain sainthood.

A fist bump would probably be a bad idea.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • dahveed
I don't exactly know what's the "proper" way, but If it's a whole arm in some sort of big tabernacle sized enclosure, I'd just bless myself in front of it and say a prayer. Often when it's a little bone chip or something like that and it's in a reliquary, the priest has us come up (like during Communion), and give it a little kiss. 

A good general rule in life when you're not sure: when in doubt, hang towards the back and see what the others do.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
What Jaca said. But seriously, and with nothing but respect and affection, I feel you're over-thinking this. I've venerated a relic of the True Cross with less thought. Pay your respects in a way you see other people doing it, or if there's a handout with suggestions, follow that. Invoke him, and give thanks to God for his saintly life. And give thanks to God for this awesome (word used correctly!) opportunity.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Shocked 
I will buck the trend and say that the amount of thought you are putting into this is reasonable and good -- and it is shame more Catholics do not consider the proper traditions and postures appropriate for the veneration of holy relics or other things. What I would caution against is anxiety at not doing it properly. Put in some time to research how relics are to be venerated (usually with a kiss whilst kneeling, although what is an option with the cross-country tour of St. Francis' arm is unknown to me as of now), and do your best to remember and do it.
"Punishment is justice for the unjust." Saint Augustine of Hippo
(01-05-2018, 02:07 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: A good general rule in life when you're not sure: when in doubt, hang towards the back and see what the others do.

- Proverbs 32:1

Side note: the guide put out by the CCO (the organizers of the relic tour) has said not to touch anything to the relic except a small prayer card (which I would imagine is given out to visitors), to protect the relic.