Which Religious Orders Are Dying? Which Are Thriving?
(01-06-2018, 05:56 PM)BC Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 01:03 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
Quote:The pope also acknowledged that he’s worried about the decline of religious vocations in the West, something for which he said he hopes the next Synod of Bishops, directed to youth and vocational discernment, can address and suggest solutions.

Yet he’s also worried about the rise of some new religious institutes that attract many religious vocations, but which then fail, some because of the scandals of their founders. These, he said, are not inspired by the Holy Spirit but by a charismatic person.

Some of these new orders, Francis added, are “restorationist,” seemingly providing security when in reality they give “rigidity.”

“When they tell me that there is a congregation that draws so many vocations, I must confess that I worry,” he said. “The Spirit does not follow the logic of human success.”

Some of these new religious congregations, Francis denounced, are “Pelagians,” who want a return to asceticism and penance, “soldiers who seem ready to do anything for the defense of faith and morality, and then some scandal emerges involving the founder [male or female].”

The average non sedevacantist traditional Catholic is putting all of his hope in these efforts and his pope crushes them.

Pretty cruel.

Yes, BC, I was waiting to see if anyone picked up on the fact that the Church is currently led by a man who dislikes precisely the orders that are flourishing, and also, if Poche is right about Vatican II, by a Pope who is against the proper interpretation of Vatican II.
"The days have gone down in the West, behind the hills, into shadow." - Theoden, King.
(01-06-2018, 05:56 PM)BC Wrote: The average non sedevacantist traditional Catholic is putting all of his hope in these efforts and his pope crushes them.

Pretty cruel.

My hope is in Christ.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
(01-06-2018, 09:15 PM)maldon Wrote: Yes, BC, I was waiting to see if anyone picked up on the fact that the Church is currently led by a man who dislikes precisely the orders that are flourishing, and also, if Poche is right about Vatican II, by a Pope who is against the proper interpretation of Vatican II.

I posted that information but am not a sedevacantist. That said, Poche can't be more wrong about Vatican II.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • jovan66102, Maldon
(01-06-2018, 09:49 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 05:56 PM)BC Wrote: The average non sedevacantist traditional Catholic is putting all of his hope in these efforts and his pope crushes them.

Pretty cruel.

My hope is in Christ.

All was an overstatement.
I think we should discuss this in the light of Perfectae Caritatis;

http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_counc...is_en.html