Satanism on the rise?
Sad 
According to this article, Hell freezes over: how the Church of Satan got cool, Satanism is on the rise.  

An excerpt:

Quote:Disappointingly, Chelsea Clinton has denied she and her husband practise satanism. Her tweet wishing the folks at the Church of Satan a happy new year should not be taken as endorsement of the dark lord’s manifold heresies.

One hopes that, like her father’s denial of having had “sexual relations with that woman”, Chelsea’s disclaimer isn’t for real. Doesn’t she realise that the radical power of Satan is having a moment unparalleled since Milton unwittingly made him the badass rebel hero of Paradise Lost?

According to the LA Times, “a heterodox generation of new self-described satanists is upending old Rosemary’s Baby and Helter Skelter stereotypes in service of radical politics, feminist aesthetics and community unity”.

The paper sent a reporter to investigate a satanic soiree in a California basement where they found a coterie of artists, writers and musicians who chanted “Hail Satan!”, while someone, unacceptably, played minor chords on the organ.

Satanism is attracting counter-cultural Californians because it is seen as a community-based response to the Trump era. As the paper writes: “Traditionalists might debate if any of it is properly ‘satanic’ at all; this new take is much more feminist than nihilist, flexibly self-aware and better versed in internet culture than orthodox theology.”

Leftism is Satanic anyway. It wouldn't surprise me to see the most fervent liberals actually acknowledging that which they worship.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 3 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • Eric F, Galahad3, RyanPatrick
When you consider that all the idols of the world are devils, I'd say there's a lot of devil/Satan worship out there.
This was on Drudge today...

This is definitely not a Catholic exorcism, so I'm going to post in this thread.  This is just creepy, and I can only imagine that if she is casting demons out, it can only mean she's putting even greater one back in.

Quote:Smoke billows from a herb burner filling the Spirit Room with an eerie haze.

A woman stands over Hollywood actress Megan Duffy chanting and shaking a rattle carved with a head inspired by shamanic art, as her client lies motionless on a narrow bed.

The tension in the air is thick as the 'healer' places an ornate dagger on Duffy's wrist and, breathing deep, rapid breathes, summons 'higher beings' from the spirit world, asking them to rid her body of evil demons.

The woman carrying out the 'working' is Rachel Stavis - the world's only non-denominational Exorcist. And in a television first DailyMailTV was invited to witness Stavis carry out a real-life Hollywood exorcism.

We watched as Stavis worked on actress Duffy - best known for starring alongside Elijah Wood in 2012 horror movie Maniac - ridding her of an evil 'entity' that she believes has attached itself to her.

Rest of the story can be found here:

I've cast demons out of Oscar winners, politicians and movie bosses - The Exorcist is basically TRUE, says Hollywood's 'sister of darkness' as she shows DailyMailTV how she does it
Quote:
Quote:Satanism is attracting counter-cultural Californians because it is seen as a community-based response to the Trump era. As the paper writes: “Traditionalists might debate if any of it is properly ‘satanic’ at all; this new take is much more feminist than nihilist, flexibly self-aware and better versed in internet culture than orthodox theology.”

well, this explains a few  things

vis a vis why a  lot of Californians are going beserk fighting the federal gov re illegal immigration (or just "illegals" as i like to call them. Why dignify breaking and entering with the word Immigration?l)