"Catholic" Dating Sites...
So I called them yesterday in regards to starting like a snack and social hour thing after the TLM and oddly enough they said they'd send the message to a priest there, who I assume is the Monsignor. Haven't heard back from Father yet, but I don't see why he'd decline.
   [Image: eS0ANTA.png]
(01-26-2018, 11:35 AM)Smiley Wrote: So I called them yesterday in regards to starting like a snack and social hour thing after the TLM and oddly enough they said they'd send the message to a priest there, who I assume is the Monsignor. Haven't heard back from Father yet, but I don't see why he'd decline.

Good.  At least you've got the ball rolling.

Tip:  Whenever you are trying to do something to build the body of Christ, EXPECT the evil one to try and stop you!

Pro Tip:  Don't let him!  Pray for protection and guidance. Smile

I'll pray for you!
"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience...I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

“a Church which is poorer in doctrine is not more pastoral, but only more ignorant.” ---Cardinal Caffarra

"The only alternative to One Nation under God is all nations under God-knows-what." Joseph Pearce 

Morality is not chronological
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Smiley
Ok so Father phoned back yesterday and he said something along the lines of while he likes the idea, they have something going on down there for kids and probably can't have a snack and social hour thing down there. I'm a bit confused now.
(01-28-2018, 04:46 PM)Smiley Wrote: Ok so Father phoned back yesterday and he said something along the lines of while he likes the idea, they have something going on down there for kids and probably can't have a snack and social hour thing down there. I'm a bit confused now.

Well, that may be for the best in this case because it's probably best to keep it as simple as possible with less work and more time for socializing.

So why not try what Vox recommended and go to a nearby restaurant?

Since it's in the evening, how about a pizza place?   Food!

Oh, and don't forget the rose on the table idea!   Rose
"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience...I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

“a Church which is poorer in doctrine is not more pastoral, but only more ignorant.” ---Cardinal Caffarra

"The only alternative to One Nation under God is all nations under God-knows-what." Joseph Pearce 

• Smiley
(01-29-2018, 03:44 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 04:46 PM)Smiley Wrote: Ok so Father phoned back yesterday and he said something along the lines of while he likes the idea, they have something going on down there for kids and probably can't have a snack and social hour thing down there. I'm a bit confused now.

Well, that may be for the best in this case because it's probably best to keep it as simple as possible with less work and more time for socializing.

So why not try what Vox recommended and go to a nearby restaurant?

Since it's in the evening, how about a pizza place?   Food!

Oh, and don't forget the rose on the table idea!   Rose

Many pizza places can give a good discount for a large party.  

You may want to make an announcement a week in advance and stand outside after mass with a clipboard to sign people up.  That way you can have a rough idea of how many will be coming and make arrangements.

Plus it will get people excited about the event!

• Smiley
That's a pretty good idea! Should I notify the parish office again before setting everything up?
(01-29-2018, 06:44 PM)Smiley Wrote: That's a pretty good idea! Should I notify the parish office again before setting everything up?

Well, you probably want to give them a call and tell them your plans and desire to have an announcement made the week before (and day of)  at the pulpit and to have it put in the bulletin both weeks too.

If you want to continue with it weekly then you'll want to continue with the announcements as well.

They can let you know how much advance notice they need and that will give you an idea of the date of the first event.  Then call the pizza place or restaurant and get more info.  

You'll probably need to go back and forth with calls between these two a few times to get it nailed down.

Also, think of a fun name for it as Vox said!

• Smiley