Chevalier Charles Coulombe on Weirdo Trad Parishes
The married couple with dwarfism being driven out... wow.

I would have guessed this Church to be some sort of Hyper-Calvinist sect.  A sort of "WE have it all figured out.  Everyone is going to Hell except us 20 people..." mentality.

It's like the human condition is too complex for them, so all seemingly "mysterious" conditions (like limb deformities, or retardation, or mood disorders, etc.) are just signs of someone being predestined for Hell. 

Shocking that Catholics would behave like this.. 

I think it goes to show: people can be in a state of sin, and still have FAITH and HOPE, but certainly not have CHARITY.  Where there's no charity, there's likely no sanctifying grace.
(01-20-2018, 10:01 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Well, I'm not sure what videos you've been watching, but I'm confused by what you mean about 'a Canadian view'. Charles was born in New York City and, to the best of my knowledge, has lived in the States all his life, now residing in the Los Angeles area. His father's people were French Canadian, but Charles is definitely an American.

Ah, okay. By the way he was describing his family, I thought he was Canadian. But in any event it occurred to me that (perhaps?) Charles holds a similar view to other Canadians. In other words, not really in favor of the American Revolution. But perhaps that's not the way it is in Canada. I have to wonder what the Canadian school history books are like.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(01-21-2018, 07:29 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(01-20-2018, 10:01 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Well, I'm not sure what videos you've been watching, but I'm confused by what you mean about 'a Canadian view'. Charles was born in New York City and, to the best of my knowledge, has lived in the States all his life, now residing in the Los Angeles area. His father's people were French Canadian, but Charles is definitely an American.

Ah, okay. By the way he was describing his family, I thought he was Canadian. But in any event it occurred to me that (perhaps?) Charles holds a similar view to other Canadians. In other words, not really in favor of the American Revolution. But perhaps that's not the way it is in Canada. I have to wonder what the Canadian school history books are like.
Well, they do tend to emphasise the Loyalists who were driven out of the traitorous colonies, and they tend to mention that the US tried to conquer Canada twice, and failed both times. Here's a humourous Canadian view:

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
lol, Jovan!
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Adding on to this subject. Here's a sermon from about 4 years ago from Father Ripperger on issues in the Trad community. Spot on:

Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(01-26-2018, 01:07 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Adding on to this subject. Here's a sermon from about 4 years ago from Father Ripperger on issues in the Trad community. Spot on:

Wow that's a great sermon, particularly his point about how traditionalists constantly criticizing almost every action of the Church's authority really makes the faith look un-credible. And his point on the danger of curiosity.
(01-28-2018, 05:37 PM)Florus Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 01:07 PM)GangGreen Wrote: Adding on to this subject. Here's a sermon from about 4 years ago from Father Ripperger on issues in the Trad community. Spot on:

Wow that's a great sermon, particularly his point about how traditionalists constantly criticizing almost every action of the Church's authority really makes the faith look un-credible. And his point on the danger of curiosity.
Not to mention how they constantly take their interpretations of Canon Law or Dogmas over the priests, bishops, and theologians; and thus be an authority unto themselves and completely undermine the hierarchy of the Church. How much do you want to bet that there's probably a trad somewhere nitpicking on Fr Rippenger on how he's a semi-traditionalist.

NO puts you at risk of being a gnostic pelagian modernist, where Trad plus you at risk of being a manichean jansenist Protestant. I like how Fr Hesse described himself, "I'm just Catholic."

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk