Chevalier Charles Coulombe on Weirdo Trad Parishes
I've thankfully never witnessed anything like this. Heck, I usually dress business casual (dressy pants, collared shirt, dressy shoes) rather than in a suit for Mass and I've never had anyone say something negative to me about it. Maybe in the northeast things are different? I don't know. Then again, I typically don't really mingle too much with people after Mass. 

I think some people tend to go overboard with some stuff that has nothing to do with faith as a backlash to everything that's happened in the past 50 years. I personally can't stand the big deal that everyone makes about how people dress. As long as you are dressed modestly and at least somewhat more formal than what you normally wear then who cares? Some people maybe only have one suit and don't want to have to worry about getting it dry cleaned every time they go to Mass if they get it dirty. I know I tend to get dirty quite easily.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chevalier Charles Coulombe on Weirdo Trad Parishes - by GangGreen - 01-18-2018, 12:53 PM