Is there anything tackier than "Christian Rock" music?
(01-28-2018, 10:30 AM)FultonFan Wrote: I don't know if anyone here has listened to this stuff, but man, it's cringeworthy like few other things I've ever experienced.

Before I came home to the Catholic Faith in 2014, I'd often attend a Baptist Church.  They had a small rock band to lead the songs on many Sundays.  The Novus Ordo is often cringeworthy, yes, but some of this Protestant "born again" rock is on a different level ridiculous.

The congregations who really, really get into it are even more cringeworthy. Seeing a group of people craning their necks up, with their eyes closed, with cheesy smiles, flailing their hands in the air and rocking back and forth to lyrics devoid of anything theological and music that demonstrates little musical talent doesn’t make Christianity seem very promising to those encountering it in a setting like that who don’t already believe. That is not something that makes me think they have something special that I want. That is something that just makes me want to laugh (and then if they start with all the “Yes Jesus” “Yes Lord” “Hallelujah!” “Glory to God” “Thank You Jesus” business that some Pentecostal churches do, I can’t contain it any longer).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there anything tackier than "Christian Rock" music? - by Credidi Propter - 01-28-2018, 11:42 AM