Putting Pope Francis into Perspective
I've never explored the claims of Benedict XVI still being pope but it's interesting to ponder.  

All in all the fact that Zedta (and he's NOT alone! ) is bothered by the clear false and bizarre words and antics of Francis speaks volumes about the state of the Church. 

I can tell you honestly that i simply cannot suspend judgement just because this man is allegedly pope. I cannot excuse many of his words or actions nor can I square many of them with what was taught prior to Vatican II. 

It's a new church with new teachings and some of us just will no longer try to play the games with legalese and mental and verbal gymnastics to make excuses for what appears to be the papally led dismemberment and mutilation of Roman Catholicism. 

Some of us love the Western Patrimony but find that it really only lives on in memories, hopes and dusty old books.  At what point do you simply shake the dust off your feet and go your way?   I know that for those just converted or who just discovered the trad  world might think they have all the answers, but for some of who have walked this path for awhile we just feel broken down and simply cannot be convinced.  it's actually easier to stay away from the noxious air of Vatican II and modern parishes than it is to try and live out of old books and imagination in midst of so much deliberate papally led destruction and subversion of practically every aspect of the once strong, proud Roman Catholic faith.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
[-] The following 2 users Like formerbuddhist's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Zedta

Messages In This Thread
Putting Pope Francis into Perspective - by Zedta - 01-29-2018, 04:43 PM
RE: Putting Pope Francis into Perspective - by formerbuddhist - 01-31-2018, 03:51 PM