Santa Fe Travesty?
(01-30-2018, 12:44 PM)Zedta Wrote: I have visited this shrine many times, even once while the dear Nuns still resided nearby and kept the place up. They, sadly, sold it to a group that has definitely kept it up physically, but now seem on a path to do great desecration to the spirit of the place. I fear any Blessings imparted through the intercession of St. Joseph, may well have been removed some time ago...again with sorrow.

I stand behind my initial post's reference to the 'spirit of the place' as being the aspect of it that may have been desecrated. The facility is no longer a Catholic Church since it was de-sacrilized by the diocese many years ago. I would suppose, then, that any blessed religious artifacts whould have thus been reduced to being works of art.

None the less, the spirit of the place, when one walks in, is that of a Catholic Church or Shrine and anyone not knowing of its past 'decommissioning' would totally be unawares since there is no statement of this fact noted in the building, other than the statement of ownership by a secular group.

With all of that said, I have no doubts that there would be some who would come here for their own purposes and under the guise of this still being a "Holy Place", take that advantage to do their own form of desecration, which to me, would certainly be to the spirit of what this once holy place was.

Is this sacrilegious? By definition, no. But I am certain, that what may sometime go on, is in the spirit of doing just that.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell

Messages In This Thread
Santa Fe Travesty? - by Zedta - 01-30-2018, 12:44 PM
RE: Santa Fe Travesty? - by Magdalene - 01-30-2018, 02:04 PM
RE: Santa Fe Travesty? - by MagisterMusicae - 01-30-2018, 03:06 PM
RE: Santa Fe Travesty? - by DJR - 02-01-2018, 04:44 PM
RE: Santa Fe Travesty? - by MagisterMusicae - 02-01-2018, 05:55 PM
RE: Santa Fe Travesty? - by DJR - 02-01-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: Santa Fe Travesty? - by MagisterMusicae - 02-02-2018, 02:44 PM
RE: Santa Fe Travesty? - by DJR - 02-02-2018, 04:50 PM