For Conversion - and Strength
We all know that good men willing to step into the fray are few and far between.  A priest friend of mine wrote this today:
Quote:Yesterday, outside the abortion center, I locked eyes with the owner and chief abortionist. I always thought that if that day ever came, I would preach hell to him. In fact, such was my plan, but when I opened my mouth, all that came out was: “God still loves you.” He stared at me. It seemed that time stopped. There were other people around him, including a boyfriend of a “client” getting into his car, but he never his took eyes off of me. So, I said again, loudly and slowly: “God still loves you even after all you have done.” We must have stared at each other for 60 seconds. You see, that Irish-Catholic man has now killed over 50,000 babies, so I still wanted to warn him about hell, but the only thing that came out of my mouth was: “One good confession, and Jesus will forgive everything you have done in there.” He kept looking at me, not with hatred or even a condescending curiosity, but just in silence. So, I just said clearly to him, twice: “Just one good confession, and you can be forgiven.” A day later I am reminded of what the Apostle Paul wrote the Romans: “Or do you presume on the riches of His kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that GOD'S KINDNESS is meant to lead you to REPENTANCE?”—Romans 2:4
Please pray for him and this abortionist.  Clearly, this "doctor" needs conversion and my friend needs strength to continue to speak out and touch lives.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 2 users Like Fontevrault's post:
  • olorin12, petite_sourire
(02-01-2018, 07:13 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: We all know that good men willing to step into the fray are few and far between.  A priest friend of mine wrote this today:
Quote:Yesterday, outside the abortion center, I locked eyes with the owner and chief abortionist. I always thought that if that day ever came, I would preach hell to him. In fact, such was my plan, but when I opened my mouth, all that came out was: “God still loves you.” He stared at me. It seemed that time stopped. There were other people around him, including a boyfriend of a “client” getting into his car, but he never his took eyes off of me. So, I said again, loudly and slowly: “God still loves you even after all you have done.” We must have stared at each other for 60 seconds. You see, that Irish-Catholic man has now killed over 50,000 babies, so I still wanted to warn him about hell, but the only thing that came out of my mouth was: “One good confession, and Jesus will forgive everything you have done in there.” He kept looking at me, not with hatred or even a condescending curiosity, but just in silence. So, I just said clearly to him, twice: “Just one good confession, and you can be forgiven.” A day later I am reminded of what the Apostle Paul wrote the Romans: “Or do you presume on the riches of His kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that GOD'S KINDNESS is meant to lead you to REPENTANCE?”—Romans 2:4
Please pray for him and this abortionist.  Clearly, this "doctor" needs conversion and my friend needs strength to continue to speak out and touch lives.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that he did a good job.  He told him to go to confession.   :shrug:

But yes, I'm about to say my rosary and I will definitely pray!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • olorin12
I agree.  He did a great job!  And as I know him, I feel safe saying he did it with poise and compassion.  It's not that.  It takes courage - even to say "go to confession; God's mercy is infinite."  I also know that he has struggled a bit to find a diocese that would take him - particularly because of his very traditional leanings.  We all know the Devil likes to attack and demoralize good priests.  Prayers never hurt.

As far as the abortionist, well, the eye contact gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, he might turn back to God.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 2 users Like Fontevrault's post:
  • olorin12, Sacred Heart lover
:pray: :pray:
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(02-01-2018, 07:13 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: We all know that good men willing to step into the fray are few and far between.  A priest friend of mine wrote this today:

I will pray for them.  Thank you for bringing this to us.  It is believed that priests receive extra angels to help them with their priestly duties.  Perhaps, that is why he spoke of confession rather than hell. He was inspired, like the apostles of old.
"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me? Far from my salvation are the words of my sins.

O my God, I shall cry by day, and thou wilt not hear: and by night, and it shall not be reputed as folly in me." Psalm 21
(02-01-2018, 10:22 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: I agree.  He did a great job!  And as I know him, I feel safe saying he did it with poise and compassion.  It's not that.  It takes courage - even to say "go to confession; God's mercy is infinite."  I also know that he has struggled a bit to find a diocese that would take him - particularly because of his very traditional leanings.  We all know the Devil likes to attack and demoralize good priests.  Prayers never hurt.

As far as the abortionist, well, the eye contact gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, he might turn back to God
I hope the same, friend, but an eye contact and silence could be interpreted many different ways. I am cynical.
"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me? Far from my salvation are the words of my sins.

O my God, I shall cry by day, and thou wilt not hear: and by night, and it shall not be reputed as folly in me." Psalm 21