Birthday parties for children during Lent
(02-10-2018, 04:06 PM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 01:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 12:08 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: PS--My son will be 25 on Easter this year.
April Fool's baby, eh? LOL

Wait--I thought Easter was 4/8. No? Lemme double check...ETA: I stand corrected. It IS April 1rst. Son of a gun.
It's on the 8th if you're an Eastern Orthodox, thanks to Passover falling between 30 March and 6 April. They still follow an old Conciliar Canon that seems to prohibit Easter from falling on or before Passover.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Jacafamala
Have cake and balloons on the Saturday or Sunday after Ash Wednesday. Then give him a can of Red Bull and some chocolate covered espresso beans and send him to the in law’s. Big Grin
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • jovan66102
(02-10-2018, 10:46 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Have cake and balloons on the Saturday or Sunday after Ash Wednesday. Then give him a can of Red Bull and some chocolate covered espresso beans and send him to the in law’s. Big Grin

LOL
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(02-10-2018, 10:46 PM)Jeeter Wrote: Have cake and balloons on the Saturday or Sunday after Ash Wednesday. Then give him a can of Red Bull and some chocolate covered espresso beans and send him to the in law’s. Big Grin

You are a wicked, wicked man.
(02-10-2018, 12:08 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Yeah, I would just go with doing a fancy dinner/cake on Sunday. Happy birthday to the little guy!  Birthday Cake Balloons Ice cream!

PS--My son will be 25 on Easter this year.

Thanks!  Big Grin

We ended up deciding on Sunday after Ash Wednesday. The party is at my in laws place though, and they're more likely to give him those than I am LOL