SpaceX launches world's most powerful rocket toward Mars
(02-08-2018, 07:47 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I saw that too.  :)

So was the car inside the rocket during blast off and then became exposed later in flight?

Without a doubt.

It was encased in a nose cone, which was opened and jettisoned soon after orbit was attained. Going supersonic alone, not to mention the hyper-supersonic speeds eventually reached, in a non-aerodynamic vessel, would have torn that poor car to shreds and destroyed the whole mission.

[Image: 020818flatearth.jpg]
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin
Elon's Tesla is already past the orbit of the Moon and on its way to Mars!

Quote:Link to Original Article (specify 2.9.2018)

AMATEUR ASTRONOMERS PHOTOGRAPH ROADSTER IN SPACE:
It's official. Elon Musk's cherry red Tesla Roadster is a spacecraft. NASA is now listing the electric car in its database of celestial objects with an ephemeris for tracking it available on JPL's Horizons web site.
Using that ephemeris, along with a remote-controlled telescope in Siding Spring, Australia, amateur astronomer Adriano Valvasori photographed the Roadster on Feb. 8th. It is the faint speck circled in red:
[Image: roadster_strip.jpg]
At the time, the car was 493,000 km (306,000) away, not far beyond the orbit of the Moon, receding from Earth about 3.7 km/s (8,300 mph). Reflecting sunlight, it shone about as brightly as a 16th magnitude star.
Another amateur astronomer, Raymond Kneip, photographed the Roadster about 3 hours before Valvasori did:
[Image: roadster2_strip.jpg]
"It's the craziest thing I've ever captured with a telescope," he says. Like Valvasori, Kneip used an iTelescope at the Siding Spring Observatory to photograph the hurtling Tesla.

NASA designates the spacecraft "Tesla Roadster" with two aliases: "Starman" and  "2018-017A," described in the ephemeris as follows:

Quote:Dummy payload from the first launch of SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch vehicle [on Feb. 6, 2018]. Consists of a standard Tesla Roadster automobile and a spacesuit-wearing mannequin nicknamed "Starman". Also includes a Hot Wheels toy model Roadster on the car's dash with a mini-Starman inside. A data storage device placed inside the car contains  a copy of Isaac Asimov's "Foundation" novels. A plaque on the attachment fitting between the Falcon Heavy upper stage and the Tesla is etched with the names of more than 6,000 SpaceX employees.
To see the ephemeris for yourself, launch the Horizons web interface and follow these instructions: Click "change" next to Target Body. Type in "SpaceX" and hit enter. Click "Generate Ephemeris." The celestial coordinates of the Roadster will appear on your screen.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin
Are these vids eligible for Oscar nominations?  Some good stuff here.
There are some YouTube videos saying the whole launch and recovery was a hoax, of course. But it will be hard to call these photos hoaxed.

Enjoy and here's a teaser for a start:

[Image: Brady-Kenniston-SpaceX-8.jpg]

BTW: If this whole launch/landing thing was a hoax, as some youtubers say, how'd this photographer get these shots?

[Image: Brady-Kenniston-SpaceX-4.jpg]

Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin