Is there anyone more annoying than James Martin?
(02-07-2018, 12:58 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: When my faithful bishop was removed, which precipitated several months of chaos in my diocese, there was no more offensive person to me than Pope Francis. When I see Fr. James Martin’s smirk that is unbecoming of a priest, when I see pictures of him vainly strutting around like a goose (and doing to theology what a flock of geese will do when they settle in a tranquil, clear pond) he is the most offensive person I can imagine at the time. Maybe he’s the worse one, over all. 

You mean images like this?

[Image: bridge4.jpg]
(02-07-2018, 10:32 AM)FultonFan Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 07:53 AM)dove77 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:07 PM)MeanGene Wrote: Infuriating is the word I would use to describe him. Cowardly would also be an appropriate descriptive (in so far as he refuses to "come out" in a full fledged way.) That cowardice is probably going to be his undoing among his friends in the gay lobby. At some point they will demand he stop hemming and hawing around the issue and lay things on the line. Frankly I don't think he's tough enough to risk public excommunication. Also, keep in mind that despite being a loyal progressive soldier he remains a white male. At some point that's going to have to be "punished." I've tried to explain the stark reality of this to the cadre of SJWs in my family and it's just completely lost on them. They're utterly convinced that their politically correct attack dog is incapable of turning on them. How wrong they are.

I have a different slant on this sort of situation in the church. I was at one time very upset that the church didn't seem to be doing anything about heretic nuns. Time has taken care of the situation, many of the liberal sisters have grown old and faded out. A few years ago a group of liberal catholic women in my new parish invited me to their book sharing group and chose a book by a Sr. Joan chittister. I researched her and wanted nothing to do with her book and was led to the sites of National Catholic Reporter where I found one of the church women was a regular writer and James martin and Joan chittister. The movie Doubt later on with Meryl Streep and the now deceased star Philip whatever that played the tawdry priest starred in the movie and I researched that movie and found a connection traced to Joan Chittister. Sr. Joan traveled to China with Hilary Clinton and was photographed as buddys as plans for future elections were being at hand.....the point is, Meryl hasn't had a good movie since, Hilary lost the election, ,,,,,,the fruit never emerged on any of their trees.

I do have to admit this is some pretty masterful confusion trolling, if that is indeed what you're doing.
I thought this was a pro catholic/ pro pope sight when I found it on the internet, now I know there are some anti pope members but I can appreciate the fact that there are heretics among us in the church.
(02-07-2018, 11:36 AM)dove77 Wrote: I thought this was a pro catholic/ pro pope sight when I found it on the internet, now I know there are some anti pope members but I can appreciate the fact that there are heretics among us in the church.

There have always been heretics in the Church. Many of them have been in the clergy, including Martin Luther.

But, I suppose St Paul was anti-pope when he disagreed with St Peter, when the Pope refused to eat with Gentiles.
(02-07-2018, 11:36 AM)dove77 Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 10:32 AM)FultonFan Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 07:53 AM)dove77 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 11:07 PM)MeanGene Wrote: Infuriating is the word I would use to describe him. Cowardly would also be an appropriate descriptive (in so far as he refuses to "come out" in a full fledged way.) That cowardice is probably going to be his undoing among his friends in the gay lobby. At some point they will demand he stop hemming and hawing around the issue and lay things on the line. Frankly I don't think he's tough enough to risk public excommunication. Also, keep in mind that despite being a loyal progressive soldier he remains a white male. At some point that's going to have to be "punished." I've tried to explain the stark reality of this to the cadre of SJWs in my family and it's just completely lost on them. They're utterly convinced that their politically correct attack dog is incapable of turning on them. How wrong they are.

I have a different slant on this sort of situation in the church. I was at one time very upset that the church didn't seem to be doing anything about heretic nuns. Time has taken care of the situation, many of the liberal sisters have grown old and faded out. A few years ago a group of liberal catholic women in my new parish invited me to their book sharing group and chose a book by a Sr. Joan chittister. I researched her and wanted nothing to do with her book and was led to the sites of National Catholic Reporter where I found one of the church women was a regular writer and James martin and Joan chittister. The movie Doubt later on with Meryl Streep and the now deceased star Philip whatever that played the tawdry priest starred in the movie and I researched that movie and found a connection traced to Joan Chittister. Sr. Joan traveled to China with Hilary Clinton and was photographed as buddys as plans for future elections were being at hand.....the point is, Meryl hasn't had a good movie since, Hilary lost the election, ,,,,,,the fruit never emerged on any of their trees.

I do have to admit this is some pretty masterful confusion trolling, if that is indeed what you're doing.
I thought this was a pro catholic/ pro pope sight when I found it on the internet, now I know there are some anti pope members but I can appreciate the fact that there are heretics among us in the church.

It's certainly "Pro-Catholic"; not sure where you would have gotten any other idea.  As for the Pope, you don't follow the elected Pope unconditionally.  If the Pope is a heretic you can't obey him.  The Pope has no power to amend the teachings of Christ.
I can think of one man in particular who is more annoying.

At least James Martin is relatively consistent. As opposed to a certain someone who is consistently relative...
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102, MagisterMusicae
(02-07-2018, 12:06 PM)Paul Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 11:36 AM)dove77 Wrote: I thought this was a pro catholic/ pro pope sight when I found it on the internet, now I know there are some anti pope members but I can appreciate the fact that there are heretics among us in the church.

There have always been heretics in the Church. Many of them have been in the clergy, including Martin Luther.

But, I suppose St Paul was anti-pope when he disagreed with St Peter, when the Pope refused to eat with Gentiles.

[Image: troll%201.png]
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • SinnerSanctified25
I didn't know who he was.  God forgive him and convert him!

We need more St. Pius X to bring clergy in line...there is a famous story where a heretical bishop was brought before St. Pius X.  His Holiness ordered the man to kneel, as he worked at his desk for 2 hours!  Then he finally addressed the wayward bishop, told him to come forward, took his bishop's miter, and said, "You may go now."  The bishop could no longer act as such. What compassion!  This kind of charity we need more in the Church!
"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me? Far from my salvation are the words of my sins.

O my God, I shall cry by day, and thou wilt not hear: and by night, and it shall not be reputed as folly in me." Psalm 21
I find him somewhat insufferable. I'm still unsure of what his true motives are on why he does what he does.
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
                                                   This is unbelievable https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fr.-ja...osexuality 
(02-09-2018, 10:33 AM)Eric F Wrote:                                                    This is unbelievable https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/fr.-ja...osexuality 

Well, Jay Dyer says that historically sodomy and usury always go together, so he may have something there.