Let laity lead parishes, priests' resolution urges US bishops
Also, women's heads must be covered when in the house of God, this since ancient times. Their heads are to be covered while praying or prophesying as well. Personally I do not even enter a forum without my head covered, because I am in constant prayer to keep my heart open to the Holy Spirit. This, so as to be able to receive what is placed on me to speak. There seems to be a very lax approach to the matters of Faith which in all appearances seems to be very secular and irreverent. I think, that is what most who are orthodox about the faith have a problem with.
(02-09-2018, 01:19 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Not in the Diocese of Lincoln! Except for an occasional female reader who sits off to the side, we have an all male Sanctuary, no acolettes and no blue haired EMHCs! Of course, the only EMHCs we have at all are Instituted Acolytes if they are needed.

And no permanent deaconate program either. I remember reading Deacon Greg Kandra’s Patheos article (N.B., if it’s Patheos, it’s almost certainly garbage) about how vocations in Lincoln really aren’t that great, because they don’t have a permanent deaconate program. What a load of trash!  Whatever the ancient Church’s permanent deaconate may have been, its restoration seems to have mostly been seen merely as an opportunity for married men to “almost be priests.” It seems it is viewed as the benefits of the priesthood without the sacrifice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • jovan66102
(02-09-2018, 06:59 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: (V)ocations in Lincoln really aren’t that great, because they don’t have a permanent deaconate program. What a load of trash!  Whatever the ancient Church’s permanent deaconate may have been, its restoration seems to have mostly been seen merely as an opportunity for married men to “almost be priests.” It seems it is viewed as the benefits of the priesthood without the sacrifice.
Yeah, sure! ::LOL: As vocations  to the priesthood are drying up, who's going to celebrate Mass for all those Permanent Deacons to distribute Communion from. The Permanent Diaconate may be necessary where there aren't enough Priests, but we don't need them here:

• In a recent 24 month span Lincoln ordained 17 men to the priesthood.

• Lincoln is the only diocese in the United States to place in the Top 20 for the ratio of ordinands to population in every survey conducted from 1993-2012, often ranking #1.

And we only have around a hundred thousand Catholics in the entire Diocese.

Despite having a Catholic population of only 97,000, the Lincoln diocese ordained 22 men from 2010-2012. Only seven diocese in the entire country ordained more. One of those, the Archdiocese of Los Angeles (with a Catholic population over 4.2 million) ordained 34 men during those same three years. In other words, L.A. only ordained four more men per year on average despite having a population 44X greater than Lincoln.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe