Let laity lead parishes, priests' resolution urges US bishops
(02-08-2018, 09:46 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: We used to have those in my diocese. I will never forget how proud the sister looked when she was asked to preach at Mass. She was a repulsive woman. The lay leaders were aging women who had no idea how to draw people into the Church other than those who shared their limited, temporal view of the Church. They talked about dialogue, but knew nothing about it. They would accompany death row inmates to their executions, but do nothing to give them the True Faith, that could have prevented them from heading down the wrong path in the firstborn place. They thought they were too good for teaching, so they became social workers to care for those who wandered down the wrong path in part due to lack of role models in their childhood.

Interesting.

Quote:They talked about dialogue, but knew nothing about it. They would accompany death row inmates to their executions, but do nothing to give them the True Faith,...

This is the focus of the fallacy that is the lay minister: When you need a priest, like when you are facing death and really need a Confessor, you only have someone that can only offer placebos.

I too, have often noted, that for what ever reason, maybe because they are spitful of not being able to be priests, that there are so many women stepping into this and often with huge grudges on their shoulders. I see a trend in the Church that is shocking to me, that St. Paul warned about:

" 34 And women are to be silent in the churches; utterance is not permitted to them; let them keep their rank, as the law tells them: 35 if they have any question to raise, let them ask their husbands at home. That a woman should make her voice heard in the church is not seemly." 1 Cor 14: 34-35.

and

"8 It is my wish that prayer should everywhere be offered by the men; they are to lift up hands that are sanctified, free from all anger and dispute.[3] 9 So, too, with the women; they are to dress themselves modestly and with restraint in befitting attire; no plaited hair, no gold ornaments, or pearls, or rich clothes; 10 a virtuous life is the best adornment for women who lay claim to piety. 11 Women are to keep silence, and take their place, with all submissiveness, as learners; 12 a woman shall have no leave from me to teach, and issue commands to her husband; her part is to be silent." 1Tim 4:8-11.

In many instances, I find women get into a ministry and before long they 'own' it and will have no quarter. I have even seen KofC Lodges taken over with the Columbiettes getting involved.

I am a lay minister, but I know my limitations and they are many. I will call in an Ordained Minister at the least provocation. I can pray with you, but you need an anointed one to pray over you. I fear there will be less of that, as an a priori, with this new wave of lay ministers that the article discusses.

One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let laity lead parishes, priests' resolution urges US bishops - by Zedta - 02-08-2018, 10:16 PM