Am I doing the right thing
My best friend on this site Confiteor Deo whose real name is Samuel has not spoken with me since 27th of January.

We have never argued about anything and we agree on everything in regards to the Faith. 

He told me that it was time for us to stop talking while at the same time saying that He was greatful to know me then He said it was for the best while also saying that He was sorry then assuring me of His prayers.

I tired my best to reach out and find out why He felt this way by texting,email and calling but gave up.

I am not angry or bitter but greatful to God for knowing Him and miss Him dearly I pray for Him everyday.

My other Catholic friends are divided in their advice some say that He is a true friend since He is praying for me. Others including my mom and sister say that He was cruel and false.

My question is am I doing what God wants by not speaking with Him or am I being a bad friend?

Also I am attending a Catholic fellowship group at university and we need your prayers.

Please keep me and my best friend Samuel in your prayers that God would draw us closer together during our time apart and keep us from sin so that we could be reunited again in Heaven.
(02-11-2018, 02:00 AM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: My best friend on this site Confiteor Deo whose real name is Samuel has not spoken with me since 27th of January.

We have never argued about anything and we agree on everything in regards to the Faith. 

He told me that it was time for us to stop talking while at the same time saying that He was greatful to know me then He said it was for the best while also saying that He was sorry then assuring me of His prayers.

I tired my best to reach out and find out why He felt this way by texting,email and calling but gave up.

I am not angry or bitter but greatful to God for knowing Him and miss Him dearly I pray for Him everyday.

My other Catholic friends are divided in their advice some say that He is a true friend since He is praying for me. Others including my mom and sister say that He was cruel and false.

My question is am I doing what God wants by not speaking with Him or am I being a bad friend?

Also I am attending a Catholic fellowship group at university and we need your prayers.

Please keep me and my best friend Samuel in your prayers that God would draw us closer together during our time apart and keep us from sin so that we could be reunited again in Heaven.

Sounds like you are doing all you can to mend what was broken with a parting of the minds. Some people can not get over themselves. If he does not wish to speak to you any more , respect that. You pray for him, you have no ill feelings toward him, he chooses to ignore you. Not very Christ like if you ask me. Take the high road , let go and let God. Peace in Christ.
(02-11-2018, 02:00 AM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: My best friend on this site Confiteor Deo whose real name is Samuel has not spoken with me since 27th of January.

We must be guarded in our relationships. This is especially true online, because it is so much easier to not be guarded. We can open up to others so easily online without inhibitions. This can be very helpful for a time. It can, however, lead to an inappropriate level of attachment if it is not approached with discretion. Some manifestations of this, of course, are obviously inappropriate, such as sexual attachment. Others are not as clear, sometimes having a tendency to manifest themselves more as one or both persons being too needy or clingy.

Some friendships are meant to be life-long. Others seem to just be meant for a moment. They all teach us something valuable about ourselves and about how we relate- and ought to relate- to others. We should appreciate these little relationships for what they are, always taking great care that we do not expect them to be something they are not.

Pray about the situation, and ask God to help you foster healthy relationships.

When I had to learn this lesson, I found the book “Spiritual Friendship” by Allred of Rievaulx extremely helpful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • dove77
(02-11-2018, 03:14 AM)Credidi Propter Wrote: We must be guarded in our relationships. This is especially true online, because it is so much easier to not be guarded. We can open up to others so easily online without inhibitions. This can be very helpful for a time. It can, however, lead to an inappropriate level of attachment if it is not approached with discretion. Some manifestations of this, of course, are obviously inappropriate, such as sexual attachment. Others are not as clear, sometimes having a tendency to manifest themselves more as one or both persons being too needy or clingy.

Some friendships are meant to be life-long. Others seem to just be meant for a moment. They all teach us something valuable about ourselves and about how we relate- and ought to relate- to others. We should appreciate these little relationships for what they are, always taking great care that we do not expect them to be something they are not.

Pray about the situation, and ask God to help you foster healthy relationships.

When I had to learn this lesson, I found the book “Spiritual Friendship” by Allred of Rievaulx extremely helpful.
Well I knew Samuel for two years and I find real life friendships far more dangerous than online.

Since in real life friendships people have a tendency to lie and mislead others far more often.

But you are right about being guarded as well since I am disabled and try to be very careful in both type of friendships