Rules of fasting and abstinence during Lent...?
✟PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM...! ✟

As Lent begins from this Wednesday, could someone please elaborate on the rules for fasting and abstinence w.r.t. Holy Days (such as Ash Wednesday and Good Friday), weekdays, Ember days, Sundays and Feast Days that would come in between...?

Thanks in advance... Smile
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(02-12-2018, 02:01 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: ✟PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM...! ✟

As Lent begins from this Wednesday, could someone please elaborate on the rules for fasting and abstinence w.r.t. Holy Days (such as Ash Wednesday and Good Friday), weekdays, Ember days, Sundays and Feast Days that would come in between...?

Thanks in advance... Smile

On days of abstinence, we are not to eat meat except for fish and shellfish, amphibians, and reptiles.  Fasting, for those between the ages of 18 and 59 requires that we not take more food than as follows: one regular meal, plus two smaller meals that together are less than the quantity of one regular meal.
Fasting is only required on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, and abstinence is required on all Fridays of Lent. Formerly, fasting was required on all days from Ash Wednesday until Holy Saturday, except on Sundays. It's good to follow that, but it's no longer a sin if you choose not to fast, except on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.
I just sent my mom this yesterday.
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2015/04/good-friday-fasting-abstaining-and-you/

I typically try to fast every day except Sundays and I do partial abstinence every day except Friday (full) and Sunday (none). I may try to add Wednesday as a full abstinence day this year.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
Fasting daily is actually quite a good thing.  I usually fast until at least noon.  I do the "intermittent fasting" thing.  It's fantastic for health -- weight loss being an obvious benefit.  In addition in significantly increases growth hormone in your system.
I just stumbled upon this on Facebook w.r.t. the rules for fasting and abstinence... Comments on this...?    

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(02-13-2018, 05:22 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: I just stumbled upon this on Facebook w.r.t. the rules for fasting and abstinence... Comments on this...?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Those are the requirements under the 1917 Code of Canon Law, except it's wrong, because the Vigil of the Immaculate Conception was not a fast day. The Vigil of the Assumption was.