Gregorian Chant or other chant for Lent...?
✟PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM...! ✟

Any suggestions for Gregorian Chant / Hymns / Byzantine Chant w.r.t. Lent...?

Thanks in advance... Smile
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
Here's a 'karaoke version' of the Stabat Mater, complete with notation and words.

Here is a video specifically for today.

And here's a playlist of 54 Lenten chants.

Here's two hours of Byzantine chant for Lent.

And, to round it out, two hours of Arabic Orthodox chant. This brings back memories! I used to attend a Syrian Antiochian Orthodox Church, where part of the Liturgy was often sung in Arabic.

Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • AndreasIosephus, dahveed
I love to pray the rosary with this  Heart

"Even if I had all the crimes possible on my conscience...I would simply throw myself into my Saviour's arms... I know that in the twinkling of an eye all those thousands of sins would be consumed as a drop of water cast into a blazing fire."  St. Therese of Lisieux

“a Church which is poorer in doctrine is not more pastoral, but only more ignorant.” ---Cardinal Caffarra

"The only alternative to One Nation under God is all nations under God-knows-what." Joseph Pearce 

Morality is not chronological
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • AndreasIosephus
(02-14-2018, 02:42 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Here's a 'karaoke version' of the Stabat Mater, complete with notation and words.

Here is a video specifically for today.

And here's a playlist of 54 Lenten chants.

Here's two hours of Byzantine chant for Lent.

And, to round it out, two hours of Arabic Orthodox chant. This brings back memories! I used to attend a Syrian Antiochian Orthodox Church, where part of the Liturgy was often sung in Arabic.

This is the best gift I have ever received during Lent...! Thanks a lot...!  Smile

Although, the Gregorian Chant is indeed beautiful in its own way, I did find the Byzantine Chant and the Arabic Chant quite mystically beautiful, though I could not understand the language... 

As a Syrian Christian Roman Catholic adhering to the Roman Rite, I wish there was a true restoration back to the sacred texts and traditions of Syriac, Chaldean, Aramaic, Persian and Arabic origin in our indigenous rites viz. the Syro-Malabar and the Syro-Malankara Rites... Alas, they have been replaced by the Malayalam language as permitted by Venerable Pope Pius XII (no angst against HH) and since then, all pagan practices and customs have been infiltrated into these rites Undecided since the "Spirit of Vatican II"... Barring the social conservatism that still prevails in the Syrian Christian community (Catholic and Orthodox), there is a large-scale exodus from the Rites into the Novus Ordo rite due to rampant corruption... 

May Almighty God have mercy on us...! 
St. Thomas, pray for us...!  Pray
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
Every once in a while, Amazon does a 99 cent sale on various MP3 album packages. A few years ago, one I purchased from them was by the Moscow Srentensky Monastery Choir, entitled Music for Great Lent & Holy Week. Wow. Would that they were Catholic. Their music is so beautiful. For a sample, I found a YT playlist .
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.