Confused
Dear all,

I'm really confused, what comes first the chastisement of fire predicted by our lady at Akita
or the second coming?

Gabriel Amorth said in 2015 that the chastisement was close, could be in a matter of months
he also said there were so many exorcisms because Jesus was returning soon

Please don't answer, you need to treat today like its your last, I know that, I'm just confused about what to expect.
I too, am a follower and believer of what Our Lady said at Akita. It mirrors Fatima as does La Salette. Scientifically speaking, a 'fire from the sky' scenario can come from a number of threats and there are some very possible ones present today and unlike any other time in history, are threats that run concurrently.

The sun, for one, is in its 'solar minimum', yet we are under a solar event as I type this. A Solar storm errupted on the sun from a very quickly formed sunspot at the edge of a coronal hole. Basically, these two came together quickly and with a powerful release of energy toward the earth. It wasn't life threatening, but it was unusual and despite the solar minimum, it can happen again and perhaps even with more effects from a more powerful event. The sun is not asleep.

Then there are the 'fire ball' Bolide meteors that seem to be on the increase in their frequency over the last few years. One of these "Bolides", could stay together and fall into the ocean and with the potential of a massive tsunami resulting from the impact. Land areas nearby the impact area could be in peril and depending on the power of the collision, even the earth itself could be influenced, much in the same way that the next threat could mess with the earth's atmosphere.

Volcanoes. There are hundreds of them active all over the globe. Some, as of late, have become very threatening and even some dormant ones have become reactivated. Early in the last century, Krakatoa erupted and the ash it spread into the atmosphere changed the weather on earth for a few years. The sound of the blast was heard, literally, half way across the globe. Imagine of a number of these volcanoes erupted? Things would be changing very quickly on planet earth.

Finally, and I certainly could go on, the ozone layer, a 'shield' against ultraviolet radiation has been under attack from many man-made chemicals and we had just got a handle on the problem. when the Weather Modification through 'Geoengineering' began in earnest. These chemicals that are sprayed into the atmosphere to control 'Global Warming' are depleting this layer at an accelerated rate, far greater that the Fluorocarbons we once were so worried about and virtually eliminated. The result will be people, animals and vegetation, burned by even short duration exposure to the sun in areas below the ozone hole. Again, fire from the sky, and this one, without unusual solar activity. This one is from a lack of shielding from what the sun always puts out.

So, what should one do? Our Lady has told us: PRAY! Our Lord has told us in the scripture; PRAY and do not fear! God's protection is upon His people and those who pray to Him for His protection will not be abandoned. Our Lady told us of these things, so we would not have them come upon us unawares. Have faith in the One who is always faithful!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
(02-19-2018, 12:54 PM)popeinnocent1972 Wrote: Dear all,

I'm really confused, what comes first the chastisement of fire predicted by our lady at Akita
or the second coming?

Gabriel Amorth said in 2015 that the chastisement was close, could be in a matter of months
he also said there were so many exorcisms because Jesus was returning soon

Please don't answer, you need to treat today like its your last, I know that, I'm just confused about what to expect.

Akita is an interesting apparition. The devotion to the miraculous statue was approved for the diocese by the local bishop. He also said he found nothing contrary to Faith or Morals in the apparitions (meaning it is possible to accept them). He recognized a number of supernatural events in conjunction with the statue. But neither he, nor any other Church authority has officially approved or determined as of supernatural origin the message.

Thus the message itself is not "approved" by declaring it "worthy of belief", but has been determined not to contradict the Faith. In a sense the Church has said, you can believe it without harm to your Faith. 

That does not mean it is true, however, and even if we think it to be true, we should always be careful in such cases to maintain a prudent doubt.

Also, while I think that Fr Amorth did have some good contributions regarding exorcisms, I was always somewhat troubled by the personality cult around him. His opinion on exorcisms should probably be taken as trustworthy (but the very fact of publicizing things by books and interviews and international society of exorcists does trouble me, as such matters quickly become obsessions with the fantastical, and not the Faith). When it comes to future contingent events, not even the devils know such things, so Fr Amorth would have nothing except his own opinion on the matter to go on, and in an area where he had no expertise. Thus, on that, his opinion is in no way expert, but at best, studied.

That said in preface, we have no idea if the "Great Chastisement" is anything different than the end of the world/Second Coming. The message of Faitima does seem to suggest a gap between these, but that is not necessary. 

Lots of speculation had not really produced anything but people fancifully running off to prophecy and the esoteric without ever grounding themselves in their Faith. For instance people will marvel over an exorcism or apparition, but it is a far greater miracle for a priest to absolve a man of a single mortal sin and cause Sanctifying Grace in Him that was spiritually dead (effectively supernaturally raising a man from the dead) than to exorcise demon or for Our Lady to appear.

Learn your Faith, practice your Faith, don't worry about these things. They are a waste of your time if you do not first have a very good spiritual life. 

Given you expressed great worry over the state of your soul just recently here, I would stay far away from such unnecessary things.
[-] The following 6 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • angeltime, austenbosten, Fontevrault, jovan66102, Justin Alphonsus, popeinnocent1972
(02-19-2018, 02:10 PM)Zedta Wrote: I too, am a follower and believer of what Our Lady said at Akita. It mirrors Fatima as does La Salette. Scientifically speaking, a 'fire from the sky' scenario can come from a number of threats and there are some very possible ones present today and unlike any other time in history, are threats that run concurrently.

The sun, for one, is in its 'solar minimum', yet we are under a solar event as I type this. A Solar storm errupted on the sun from a very quickly formed sunspot at the edge of a coronal hole. Basically, these two came together quickly and with a powerful release of energy toward the earth. It wasn't life threatening, but it was unusual and despite the solar minimum, it can happen again and perhaps even with more effects from a more powerful event. The sun is not asleep.

Then there are the 'fire ball' Bolide meteors that seem to be on the increase in their frequency over the last few years. One of these "Bolides", could stay together and fall into the ocean and with the potential of a massive tsunami resulting from the impact. Land areas nearby the impact area could be in peril and depending on the power of the collision, even the earth itself could be influenced, much in the same way that the next threat could mess with the earth's atmosphere.

Volcanoes. There are hundreds of them active all over the globe. Some, as of late, have become very threatening and even some dormant ones have become reactivated. Early in the last century, Krakatoa erupted and the ash it spread into the atmosphere changed the weather on earth for a few years. The sound of the blast was heard, literally, half way across the globe. Imagine of a number of these volcanoes erupted? Things would be changing very quickly on planet earth.

Finally, and I certainly could go on, the ozone layer, a 'shield' against ultraviolet radiation has been under attack from many man-made chemicals and we had just got a handle on the problem. when the Weather Modification through 'Geoengineering' began in earnest. These chemicals that are sprayed into the atmosphere to control 'Global Warming' are depleting this layer at an accelerated rate, far greater that the Fluorocarbons we once were so worried about and virtually eliminated. The result will be people, animals and vegetation, burned by even short duration exposure to the sun in areas below the ozone hole. Again, fire from the sky, and this one, without unusual solar activity. This one is from a lack of shielding from what the sun always puts out.

So, what should one do? Our Lady has told us: PRAY! Our Lord has told us in the scripture; PRAY and do not fear! God's protection is upon His people and those who pray to Him for His protection will not be abandoned. Our Lady told us of these things, so we would not have them come upon us unawares. Have faith in the One who is always faithful!

And of course, we have Trump saying he would respond to a threat from North Korea with "Fire and Fury the likes of which has never been seen."

While I understand and appreciate the admonitions of Magister, I also know that for myself and many others I've spoken to, a healthy fear of the end of the world can be a needed wake-up call not unlike a healthy fear of Hell.

To a certain extent, it's easier to imagine and has the same effect on the soul.