I want education on: Church History, The Magisterium, The Scriptures, The Saints,etc
What are the best resources to use?

I want to start from the beginning as if I know nothing, and build a really solid knowledge base. 

I feel as though I know a lot about SOME things, but there are big gaps in the foundation.

Any recommendatons on resources?  (I'm currently reading Bishop Murrow's "My Catholic Faith", which seems like a great place to start).
Don't forget the excellent resources right here at FishEaters home page

https://www.fisheaters.com
Just get your books from solid publishers who don't sell the crap , Loreto Publications, Tan Books are 2 great ones
This website was invaluable to me.  I still search it when I have questions.
But I started by reading the writings of the Early Church Fathers - I was a fallen away Catholic and their writings answered many of the questions I had had for years.
(02-19-2018, 03:47 PM)FultonFan Wrote: What are the best resources to use?

I want to start from the beginning as if I know nothing, and build a really solid knowledge base. 

I feel as though I know a lot about SOME things, but there are big gaps in the foundation.

Any recommendatons on resources?  (I'm currently reading Bishop Murrow's "My Catholic Faith", which seems like a great place to start).

I've heard Dom Guerranger's The Liturgical Year is a great insight into what the liturgical seasons are about and is full of history!

I've started reading it and it is great. It's available free here

This also has tonnes of great Catholic literature here
(02-21-2018, 01:16 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 03:47 PM)FultonFan Wrote: What are the best resources to use?

I've heard Dom Guerranger's The Liturgical Year is a great insight into what the liturgical seasons are about and is full of history!

I've started reading it and it is great.  It's available free here

This also has tonnes of great Catholic literature here

Oh man, both of these links look like some seriously good stuff.  Thank you!