Apologetics question: Why does God create people who are going to go to Hell?
(02-20-2018, 11:26 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: I have encountered that Eastern perspective before, and am rather inclined toward it. I agree with you on the following (if I am correctly educing from your statement) : those who seem particularly inclined to talk about the fewness of the saved (e.g., and cavalierly post the famous/infamous sermon by St. Leonard) have always come across as characters who believe that they will be counted--if no one else--among that redemptive elite

That's exactly right.

The Our Father and the parable of the Prodigal Son show that there is no reason to be afraid of hell.  If you merely forgive those who have hurt you and ask God to forgive you of your own wrongs, he will!  At best, the horrible descriptions Western Christians have concocted of the torments of hell should not inspire fear to do what's right, but merely to remind us of just how great a debt God is letting us off the hook from.  As long as we forgive others and truly repent for ourselves, the gates of heaven will swing wide open.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Apologetics question: Why does God create people who are going to go to Hell? - by Melkite - 02-21-2018, 08:14 AM