Billy Graham passes away
(02-22-2018, 03:48 PM)BC Wrote: Saint John Marie Vianney, Declared Universal Model for Parish Priests (died 1859)

"The Cure' of Ars once gave a medal to a Protestant who visited him, who exclaimed: "Dear sir, you have given a medal to one who is a heretic.  At least I am a heretic from your point of view.  But although we are not of the same religion, I hope we shall both one day be in heaven."  The holy priest took the gentleman's hand in his own, and giving him a look which seemed to reach into his very soul, answered him, "Alas!  My friend, we cannot be together in heaven, unless we have begun to live so in this world.  Death makes no change in that. As the tree falls so shall it lie.  Jesus Christ has said, "He that does not hear the Church, let him be to thee as a heathen and a publican."  And He said again, "There shall be one fold and one shepherd." and He made Saint Peter the chief shepherd of His flock."  Then in a voice full of sweetness, he added, "My dear friend, there are not two ways of serving Jesus Christ; there is only one way, and that is to serve Him as He Himself wishes to be served."  Saying this the priest left him.  But these words sank deeply into the good man's heart, and led him to renounce the errors in which he had been brought up, and he became a fervent Catholic." (Life of the Cure of Ars, St. John Vianney)

St. Peter Julian Eymard, 1868 : "People often say:'it is better to be a good Protestant than a bad Catholic.'  That is not true! That would mean one could be saved without the true faith.  No. A bad Catholic remains a child of the family, though a prodigal, and, however great a sinner he may be, nearer to God than a Protestant, for he is a member of the household, whereas, the heretic is not. And how hard is it to make him become one!" (The Real Presence p.245)
The first reminds me of an old joke. the Catholic rectory was next door to the protestant parsonage. The priest and the protestant minister had become friends who often chatted over the back fence. One Sunday morning they were talking when the priest looked at his watch and said, Oh, look at the time! It's time to go worship God, you in your way and I in His'!

And the second is the quote that started this thread. :)
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Billy Graham preached a false Christ and a false religion.

No one is saved in a false religion but Only in the Church Christ built.

Graham couldn't be invinceably ignorant of the True Faith since in America I would hope someone told him about the Catholic Church.

Pray for his soul
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trad Catholic27's post:
  • Bonaventure
(02-21-2018, 03:54 PM)Eric F Wrote: He certainly did a better job of proclaiming God's teaching on abortion and homosexuality than Bergoglio and a number of Catholic Bishops have.

not a high bar there

and why don't bishops and priests refuse Communion to people like Pelosi who promote abortion in a big way? (not sure she receives, but just using her as an example)

Our Church is full of WIMPS
(02-26-2018, 12:39 AM)Trad Catholic27 Wrote: Billy Graham preached a false Christ and a false religion.

No one is saved in a false religion but Only in the Church Christ built.

Graham couldn't be invinceably ignorant of the True Faith since in America I would hope someone told him about the Catholic Church.

Pray for his soul

i tend to agree somewhat. I would not put it in those words. I think Graham did the best he could and God honors that. Of course none of is (whew) his judge... so it kind of doesn't matter what any of us think about his eternal destiny, although it is good to talk of such things if we are trying to lead people into the One True Way to Heaven... Jesus and his Church (the Roman Catholic Church).

what disturbs me is that the Church in Rome is... I don't even know how to say it.. but i am not happy
He may not have understood the criticism against him, in England, among religious leaders there; whom criticized him as "unhealthy for England"; still, during the 60's he brought the Gospels to Russia and many other countries, and financially avoided scandal, and faithful to his wife, avoided the company of women alone, and it is good to remember, and think of these things about him.
St.  Christopher, pray for uspeaceful means toward peaceful ends.

:doh:
:skullbones:
(03-15-2018, 12:15 AM)KBF1970060 Wrote: He may not have understood the criticism against him, in England, among religious leaders there; whom criticized him as "unhealthy for England"; still, during the 60's he brought the Gospels to Russia and many other countries, and financially avoided scandal, and faithful to his wife, avoided the company of women alone, and it is good to remember, and think of these things about him.

yes, i agree.

If he believed in the Word and we know he did (unless it was an act?), his was already Catholic, if only a watered down version (My father used to say the Protestants (some) have watered down Catholicism)