Didache - book
Pax et Bonum!  I just learned about the book Didache which is the writings of the Apostolic Fathers on Christian sacraments and procedures - catechism.  It seems from what I know about the earlier Rules of Life for Religious Communities, that the Rules are rooted in these early writings of the Apostolic Fathers.  This means over the years we have lost so much of the essence of the Rules and Christian procedures and perhaps the farther/sooner we return back to recapture this same essence, the better off we will be!  I didn't know that Christians started to fast on Wed and Fri just so they could have a separate fast day from the Jews, which was Mon and Thurs.  Also, it was customary for the Christians to pray the Our Father 3 times a day - which makes me laugh when I think of the feminist nuns who want to pray the Our Mother...haha - yuk!  Has anyone heard of the Didache?  Any comments?  God bless, angeltime :rolleyes:
I've read it and had the same observations as you.  I also noticed it mentions not to procure an abortion, which goes in the face of many (Pelosi comes to mind) in our society who think the Church's ban on abortion is a recent thing.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(02-23-2018, 03:58 PM)Jeeter Wrote: I've read it and had the same observations as you.  I also noticed it mentions not to procure an abortion, which goes in the face of many (Pelosi comes to mind) in our society who think the Church's ban on abortion is a recent thing.

Peace.....interesting for sure!  Tks - angeltime
Try looking here:  https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=75374&highlight=Didache
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell