What most annoys u about Protestant beliefs?
Oh boy, where to begin? I’m like an ex-smoker when it comes to my repugnance for all my former protestant experiences. 

I cannot stand hearing preachers on radio or tv - their errors scream out at me (and sometimes I scream back, esp when driving). There is ALWAYS an anti-Catholic under- or over-current. 

I hate the way they dissect and use Scripture as if it were a how-to manual for whatever they want it to do for them. They fairly worship the Bible, while not actually grasping what it means in its entirety or particulars... They say things like, “I have Scripture to back me up.” The irony. 

Ugh, i could go on... 

I have some dearly beloved born-again-or-what-have-you relatives who do not understand my having converted, but they are positive that I’ve joined some kind of horrifying cult. But I think they give me a pass because they believe that at some point before converting to the synagogue of Satan, I invited Jesus into my heart, so even if i’m now in terrible sin, I’m still in like Flynn!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • CaptCrunch73
I find it interesting how the different congregations can battle each other relentlessly about this belief or that belief yet they will all IMMEDIATELY band together to fight with Catholics.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic
(05-13-2018, 12:01 AM)Margaret-Mary Wrote: Oh boy, where to begin? I’m like an ex-smoker when it comes to my repugnance for all my former protestant experiences. 

I cannot stand hearing preachers on radio or tv - their errors scream out at me (and sometimes I scream back, esp when driving). There is ALWAYS an anti-Catholic under- or over-current. 

I hate the way they dissect and use Scripture as if it were a how-to manual for whatever they want it to do for them. They fairly worship the Bible, while not actually grasping what it means in its entirety or particulars... They say things like, “I have Scripture to back me up.” The irony. 

Ugh, i could go on... 

I have some dearly beloved born-again-or-what-have-you relatives who do not understand my having converted, but they are positive that I’ve joined some kind of horrifying cult. But I think they give me a pass because they believe that at some point before converting to the synagogue of Satan, I invited Jesus into my heart, so even if i’m now in terrible sin, I’m still in like Flynn!

I have heard so many distortions of the Word from Protestants. When you point out the Catholic meaning of a given psg, evne when the Catholic one is the only one that makes a lick of sense... they interrupt, talk over you, and heck, don't even care what thye say as long as they shut you the h-- up.

nice

like someone once said You can't improve on perfection

(The RCC)
(05-11-2018, 06:20 AM)MalachorV8 Wrote: everything about them annoys me, they accuse us as being idolaters, they accuse us of just repeating words over and over again (prayers), and that "accepted Jesus as personal savior" thing! oh man! ...

LOL

yeh, that personal relationship w/ Jesus thing is .. i don't know... subjective, i guess (is the word I look for)

So Catholics who go to daily Mass... then, say, sit in the Real Presence for an hour

they don't have a relationship with Jesus?

They spend time in Jesus's actual, tangible Presence, but they don't have a "relationship" with Jesus? Only the Protestants who do not do that, do not even know about it... can have one of them relationships with Jesus...

um... yeh... whatever..