Has anyone ever Prayed the 54 Day Novena?
Has anyone here ever prayed the 54 Day Novena, and completed it? Did you receive the grace you had begged, or did you have your prayers answered in a way you had never expected?  I was considering trying to do one, and wanted to know if anyone had a story to share to give encouragement?
Rejoice, O Virgin Theotokos, o Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour and the Redeemer of our souls!

[Image: hailmary.jpg]
I've tried, but I've never completed it.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(02-28-2018, 03:18 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: Has anyone here ever prayed the 54 Day Novena, and completed it? Did you receive the grace you had begged, or did you have your prayers answered in a way you had never expected?  I was considering trying to do one, and wanted to know if anyone had a story to share to give encouragement?

I assume this is the 54 day Rosary Novena?

Yes, I've done the Novena.  Yes, my prayer was answered.  I received an amazing outpouring of grace.  A very powerful Novena indeed.
[-] The following 3 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • HailGilbert, jovan66102, Justin Alphonsus
(02-28-2018, 03:18 PM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: Has anyone here ever prayed the 54 Day Novena, and completed it? Did you receive the grace you had begged, or did you have your prayers answered in a way you had never expected?  I was considering trying to do one, and wanted to know if anyone had a story to share to give encouragement?

Yes, two times. Just need to start and keep praying until the last day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jonvilas's post:
  • Justin Alphonsus
(02-28-2018, 04:16 PM)jonvilas Wrote:

Yes, two times. Just need to start and keep praying until the last day.

Were your prayers answered?  I know that the Rosary is very powerful, but she gave this devotion specifically.  I was just wondering if it is powerful like people testify.
BTW, welcome to the Tank Jon Vilas :D
YES, joined with Fr. Richard Heilman's group (Roman Catholic Man, Nineveh 90) before the 2016 election and truly I think prayer got Trump elected.  Just finished another one with that group and now we are making of renewing our Marian Consecration.
Ave Maria!
[-] The following 2 users Like Magdalene's post:
  • HailGilbert, Justin Alphonsus
Peace.....I am in the middle of this 54 Day Novena now!  I have done it a few times and find it most uplifting and rewarding even when my prayer intentions are not answered the way I think.  One must trust in the prayers being sent up to the Lord and His Blessed Mother - that they know best - and that they will use the prayers for God's will and purpose.  Sometimes prayers are answered exactly the way we asked, but not always - it is not good to think you MUST get back to make this beneficial.  Your prayer could be answered in 10 yrs from now....don't barter with God in other words.  God bless, angeltime :pray2:
[-] The following 3 users Like angeltime's post:
  • austenbosten, HailGilbert, Justin Alphonsus
Remember, God always answers prayers, just not always in the way we want or expect.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten, HailGilbert, Justin Alphonsus
I prayed the 54-day Novena, and I will say it works! Was my prayer answered? I really cannot say.

Someone very near and dear to me was born with a serious medical condition and they took a serious turn for the worse. I prayed for their miraculous healing. Although they did not receive the miraculous healing, the surgery they underwent allowed them to feel much better and they went a whole year without any incidents.

I cannot say that they were truly miraculously healed, but the successful surgery that occurred and how they felt afterwards for that whole year was a miracle in itself.

As someone said, the prayers could be answered 10 years from now. The point is the 54-day Novena is one of the best ways to acquire what you desire, but you must be completely accepting of God's Will and it might be that He doesn't desire that for the greater good.

As someone says, God always answers prayers, but the answer could be a "No." It's not done for malice, but for your own good. Nevertheless, even if your prayers aren't "answered" or answered immediately, the graces you receive will still be worth it.

Nobody ever died, or regretted praying a 54-day Novena...so go do it!
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • HailGilbert, Justin Alphonsus