Charles Coulombe Speaking Event
Thumbs Up 
FYI:  Was just notified that Charles Coulombe will be speaking in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on Saturday, March 17.  

Catholic author Charles Coulombe will be speaking from 2-4:30 on Saturday, March 17, at Our Lady of Lourdes.  The topic of the presentation is: Catholic Influence on French Immigration into North America.  While seemingly tailored to the French, if it follows along the lines of his book Puritan's Empire, it will actually be more about how Catholics (in this case, the French) treated the indigenous vis-a-vis the Protestants (primarily the Pilgrims, Puritans, Quakers and the British in general), and how the French Catholics were treated by the newly-formed (and primarily Protestant) U.S. government.  In that regard, it should be an interesting talk that should appeal to Catholics in general, and not necessarily those of French heritage. 

Please see attached flyer.  

++++++++++++++++++++++

Date: March 17, 2018

Location: Our Lady of Lourdes, 1 Lourdes Place, Minneapolis MN 55414.

Time: 2-4:30 p.m.

Cost: $20 with refreshments (wine and hors d'oeuvres) provided.

Registration: There is limited seating so to ensure a spot, please register online at http://fahfminn.org/charles-coulombe/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I wish! I haven't seen Charles in person in over 20 years!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(02-28-2018, 05:12 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I wish! I haven't seen Charles in person in over 20 years!

So whatcha waiting for!?
(03-01-2018, 03:06 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 05:12 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: I wish! I haven't seen Charles in person in over 20 years!

So whatcha waiting for!?
Every time I've been to California, he's been off gallivanting on a book tour or a speaking engagement. LOL
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'