Crack an egg of knowledge on my head about the Haydock Study Bible
Will you cite your source, please, Jovan?
Here is mine:http://realdouayrheims.com/
And this information: Lutheran minister photocopied one of the last remaining volumes at 10% reduction, not long before the Doc found it, and Dr von Peters spent eleven years of his spare time typing out the entire Old and New Testament, simply changing the archaic letter-usage and spelling into current forms. He didn't change any of the words, themselves, so what he did is faithful to the two original scholars' phenomenal Latin Vulgate translation.

My point was that in our time there are few copies of the English Vulgate in its Shakespearean sounding English left in our time to copy. I find it worth reading, others may do as they wish. The link is provided for those who want it.
(03-13-2018, 11:29 PM)greatdame Wrote: Will you cite your source, please, Jovan?
Here is mine:http://realdouayrheims.com/
And this information: Lutheran minister photocopied one of the last remaining volumes at 10% reduction, not long before the Doc found it, and Dr von Peters spent eleven years of his spare time typing out the entire Old and New Testament, simply changing the archaic letter-usage and spelling into current forms. He didn't change any of the words, themselves, so what he did is faithful to the two original scholars' phenomenal Latin Vulgate translation.

My point was that in our time there are few copies of the English Vulgate in its Shakespearean sounding English left in our time to copy.  I find it worth reading, others may do as they wish.  The link is provided for those who want it.
Glad to. I did not mean that there are lots of copies extant today. There are very few copies of any books from that period. What I meant was that it was translated in France, a Catholic country, at Douai and Rheims, hence its name.

As to sources for the printing, would the title pages of both Testaments from the original be acceptable?

[Image: 1609_Doway_Old_Testament.pdf.jpg]
The Old Testament, 'Printed at Doway' (Douai)
[Image: 1582_Rhemes_New_Testament.pdf.jpg]
The New Testament, 'Printed at Rhemes' (Rheims)

As fast as the heretics found and destroyed them, the Missionary Priests (Jesuits) would smuggle in new copies from the printers in France.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

We are on the same page.Ty