Any suggestions for anger management...?
+PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM+

Any tips / books / videos / prayers for Anger Management...? Of lately, I have begun to turn irritable and angry as well as overreact all of a sudden and have hurt my parents and friends terribly, as a result... Something with a Catholic perspective would be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
[Image: y4mYRN-ummmkmVnvHhXskhcmGwkdRP6s0fIGNOHH...pmode=none]
(03-05-2018, 07:55 AM)AndreasIosephus Wrote: +PAX DOMINUS VOBISCUM+

Any tips / books / videos / prayers for Anger Management...? Of lately, I have begun to turn irritable and angry as well as overreact all of a sudden and have hurt my parents and friends terribly, as a result... Something with a Catholic perspective would be highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

How long ago did this behavior start?

Are you taking any (new) medications?

Any other recent life changes?

What precipitates one of these episodes and what are your thoughts at the time?  Do you recognize your behavior then or only later?

I would start by keeping a journal related to you anger.  Include antecedents, behaviors, consequences, and be specific.  My only advice from the prayer side would be to pick a prayer that takes some time and say it before acting on your anger.
Books:

Preparation for Death: Considerations on Eternal Truths by St Alphonsus Ligouri
Think Well on It by Bishop Challoner
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

“One day, through the Rosary and the Scapular, Our Lady will save the world.”
-- attributed to Saint Domenic

Thanks in advance...

This is written by a Traditional Catholic psychotherapist (it's quite good):   http://www.guidetopsychology.com/anger.htm
Spend some time before the Blessed Sacrament, and go to confession more.

Thanks in advance...

i pray the rosary or spend time with Jesus in the Real Presence when i get angry (and feel i cannot forgive)