Feelings after Mass
So, 

I don't post much on here because I'm still learning a lot, but today I decided to go out on a limb and ask if anyone has had similar experiences as me after Mass. I tend to notice that my feelings after Mass reflect the Mysteries of the Rosary of that day. I have frequently brushed it off as perhaps it was just a weird day, or maybe it was just me imposing my own thoughts unto the day; however, it's happened frequently enough that I have been journaling about it for a few weeks now.

Today, after Mass, I felt incredibly sad. Not sad in a bad way, but just this very heavy feeling that I couldn't shake. Mass wasn't poorly done or anything. I just was driving home and felt...down. Then, I got home, did my Rosary and it occurred to me that it was Tuesday (the Sorrowful Mysteries). After praying my Rosary I feel a bit better, but I still have this lingering heavy feeling - although it's not unpleasant and no longer distracting...merely 'heavy'. Not negative heavy though. It's very strange and hard to explain.

Anyway, I've noticed that on Mondays I'm super duper happy after Mass. I laugh and joke with people - which is super out of character for me considering my social anxiety. I did notice this week - since I've been taking notes - that this tends to be reflected in the others who attend Mass daily as well. I haven't spoken to anyone about this yet because I'm worried they will think I'm 'nuts', but I was going to make an appointment to talk with my Preist after Mass tomorrow just to see if this is normal. 

Does anyone else notice stuff like this? Am I just going 'crazy'? Maybe I need to take a break from prayer and meditation?

Again, it's not an unpleasant or negative feeling. It almost feels like my feelings are being brought in 'tune' with the Mysteries of the day which then guides my prayers (for instance today I'll be spending some extra time doing prayers for souls in purgatory). I've been working through "The Paraclete" with my Priest to start developing a stronger connection to the Holy Spirit (he says I may have a vocation calling - I've been meeting with him privately since I started RCIA and talking to him about my experiences - but we're moving very very slowly considering I am just getting baptized and confirmed this Easter. We are building a relationship with the Holy Spirit first so I can properly discern what all this means before he drives with me to the Carmelites in a nearby city in a few years; although, he's had me already start correspondence with the Sisters.). 

Anyway...it's been a very strange few months since this has started happening.
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
(03-06-2018, 11:25 AM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: So, 

I don't post much on here because I'm still learning a lot, but today I decided to go out on a limb and ask if anyone has had similar experiences as me after Mass. I tend to notice that my feelings after Mass reflect the Mysteries of the Rosary of that day. I have frequently brushed it off as perhaps it was just a weird day, or maybe it was just me imposing my own thoughts unto the day; however, it's happened frequently enough that I have been journaling about it for a few weeks now.

Today, after Mass, I felt incredibly sad. Not sad in a bad way, but just this very heavy feeling that I couldn't shake. Mass wasn't poorly done or anything. I just was driving home and felt...down. Then, I got home, did my Rosary and it occurred to me that it was Tuesday (the Sorrowful Mysteries). After praying my Rosary I feel a bit better, but I still have this lingering heavy feeling - although it's not unpleasant and no longer distracting...merely 'heavy'. Not negative heavy though. It's very strange and hard to explain.

Anyway, I've noticed that on Mondays I'm super duper happy after Mass. I laugh and joke with people - which is super out of character for me considering my social anxiety. I did notice this week - since I've been taking notes - that this tends to be reflected in the others who attend Mass daily as well. I haven't spoken to anyone about this yet because I'm worried they will think I'm 'nuts', but I was going to make an appointment to talk with my Preist after Mass tomorrow just to see if this is normal. 

Does anyone else notice stuff like this? Am I just going 'crazy'? Maybe I need to take a break from prayer and meditation?

Again, it's not an unpleasant or negative feeling. It almost feels like my feelings are being brought in 'tune' with the Mysteries of the day which then guides my prayers (for instance today I'll be spending some extra time doing prayers for souls in purgatory). I've been working through "The Paraclete" with my Priest to start developing a stronger connection to the Holy Spirit (he says I may have a vocation calling - I've been meeting with him privately since I started RCIA and talking to him about my experiences - but we're moving very very slowly considering I am just getting baptized and confirmed this Easter. We are building a relationship with the Holy Spirit first so I can properly discern what all this means before he drives with me to the Carmelites in a nearby city in a few years; although, he's had me already start correspondence with the Sisters.). 

Anyway...it's been a very strange few months since this has started happening.

Wow! I'm so happy you wrote this! Because for many years, my thoughts and feelings would reflect the liturgical calendar, and frequently the readings for the day -- in those days, I didn't check them out before Mass - I hadn't yet gotten into the habit of doing that, so it wasn't like the power of suggestion was at play. I was still a pretty new Catholic. 

One time on another forum I was active on, I started a thread asking if anyone else experienced this, and I didn't get any responses. 

So yes, I believe this is a real grace. :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Margaret-Mary's post:
  • IntoTheMystic
So happy to hear others have experienced something similar! That makes me feel so much less crazy LOL <3
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes IntoTheMystic's post:
  • Margaret-Mary
I experience the presence of Jesus after Holy Communion. Sometimes this can last for at least four hours or more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • IntoTheMystic
Poche, that's lovely! <3