What Protestant religion is most like Catholic?
I would say Presbyterians or Methodists, except not the kind of Presbyterians who believe as their founder did, that some humans are predestined to Hell and some to heaven... I don't think they believe that anymore?

the Methodists seem to be very into  the Bible.. and so they can't help but be more Catholic than... those denoms that are not so much into it

but then i think of Hillary Clinton

she was/is a Methodist... sigh... they don't seem to have a problem w/ abortion, obviously.

Mennonites?

(By the way, they are called that bc of a priest who helped them get their group together long ago... Father Menno)
Anglo-Catholic Episcopalians without a doubt. When I was an Anglo-Catholic, I belonged to a parish that was so 'Catholic looking' that Catholics would come in and not realise that they were in a protestant church until the 'mass' started, IN ENGLISH! It was called St Mary's, had an absolutely beautiful high altar imported from Italy, a side chapel dedicated to the Blessed Mother, regularly scheduled confession times, Adoration and Benediction. Too bad their 'priest' was just a layman playing dress-up.

And, there are still lots of Presbyterians and Reformed who adhere to strict Calvinism.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Probably Anglicans prior to some time in the 50s-60s.  Now, Lutherans if we're going by what the conciliar church seems to preach/imply.  In reality, Orthodox.
(03-07-2018, 05:34 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Probably Anglicans prior to some time in the 50s-60s.  Now, Lutherans if we're going by what the conciliar church seems to preach/imply.  In reality, Orthodox.

Many Anglicans today are more "catholic' than the Church. And Orthodox are not protestants which is the question.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(03-07-2018, 05:56 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 05:34 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Probably Anglicans prior to some time in the 50s-60s.  Now, Lutherans if we're going by what the conciliar church seems to preach/imply.  In reality, Orthodox.

Many Anglicans today are more "catholic' than the Church. And Orthodox are not protestants which is the question.

Oh you're right.  I forgot about that "Protestant" part.
Satan uses fake communities of christians to lead them away from the true one the Catholic Church, Jesus established, Outside of which there is NO SALVATION, check your church teaching to see that
(03-08-2018, 07:08 PM)salus Wrote: Satan uses fake communities of christians to lead them away from the true one the Catholic Church, Jesus established, Outside of which there is NO SALVATION, check your church teaching to see that

Just checked the CCC and it said Muslims and Jews go to heaven.

I mean, I'm being facetious...

But

It also does say that.
Muslims and Jews "may" go to heaven provided God grants them faith, hope, and charity.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(03-09-2018, 05:07 AM)Dominicus Wrote: Muslims and Jews "may" go to heaven provided God grants them faith, hope, and charity.

I would have to say that those three infused Theological virtues would not be able to co-exist within a soul if that person continued to be a Muslim or Jew.
(03-09-2018, 11:06 AM)BC Wrote:
(03-09-2018, 05:07 AM)Dominicus Wrote: Muslims and Jews "may" go to heaven provided God grants them faith, hope, and charity.

I would have to say that those three infused Theological virtues would not be able to co-exist within a soul if that person continued to be a Muslim or Jew.
Correct. But it is not impossible for a Muslim or Jew to obtain them. If God were to somehow interiorly enlighten one at the moment of death then they would go to heaven.

Not saying that it happens often but it "can" happen.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!