The fires of Hell.
I've heard the perspective that the fires of Hell are actually the fires of God's love tormenting sinners for rejecting His love.
But is that at all accurate?  It would seem the traditional view is that the fires are literal flames of fire, and that they're even hotter than flames of Earth.
What difference does it make? Just do your best by prayer and the Sacraments to stay out of them.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
I am of the opinion that they are a created fire though unlike the fire we have on earth. 

I tend to think of purgatory in the former sense though some saints such as Aquinas say that they are the same fire varying only in time.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
I think I may know where you are taking this, for I do the same myself: the "flames-of-God's-love" version of hell sounds, to the degree that it can, more comforting than the hell presented to us by, for example, St. Robert Bellarmine--kind of the horror-film-schlock verion. Either way, you are stuck. (If I am off-base in my assumption, though, ignore/forgive me.)

What troubles me most about the possibility of hell is having to persist--eternally--with the regret that hell could have been avoided had we but loved God more than we did, and God, being the lover of humanity that He is, does not demand any more than are capable of giving through His grace.
(03-08-2018, 09:01 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote: I think I may know where you are taking this, for I do the same myself: the "flames-of-God's-love" version of hell sounds, to the degree that it can, more comforting than the hell presented to us by, for example, St. Robert Bellarmine--kind of the horror-film-schlock verion. Either way, you are stuck. (If I am off-base in my assumption, though, ignore/forgive me.)

What troubles me most about the possibility of hell is having to persist--eternally--with the regret that hell could have been avoided had we but loved God more than we did, and God, being the lover of humanity that He is, does not demand any more than are capable of giving through His grace.

Exactly.. the knowledge that it didn't have to be this way.
Think about how in our day to day lives we get disappointed by this or that thing..
Then imagine how utterly, completely irrelevant that kind of disappointment is compared to the brutal despair of losing Heaven.