What's Up With All These People Calling Jesus Yahshua These Days?
I see this a lot online.

People insist on calling Jesus, Yahshua as if it's what "people in the know" call Him.

What's up with that?
Never heard of it. 'Messianic Jews' often call Him Yeshua, tho'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Bonaventure
(03-10-2018, 01:03 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Never heard of it. 'Messianic Jews' often call Him Yeshua, tho'.

Yes, I've heard of that.  I get the impression these are folks from Protestant sects.
(03-10-2018, 01:01 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I see this a lot online.

People insist on calling Jesus, Yahshua as if it's what "people in the know" call Him.

What's up with that?

Sometimes Pentecostal music has a bunch of Hebrew and Aramaic names. It’s sort of a way of casting off what they see as barnacles that have attached to the ship of Christianity, and rediscovering the apostolic age without joining the apostolic faith.
(03-10-2018, 01:03 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Never heard of it. 'Messianic Jews' often call Him Yeshua, tho'.

That is precisely where that is coming from.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • jovan66102
Yes it comes from messianic Jews who are ignorant of Hebrew grammar and insist that Yeshua must include the four letters of the tetragrammaton in order to be correct.

"Jesus" comes from the Aramaic "Yeshua" spelled "yod-shin-vav-ayin", many messianic Jews insist on adding a couple of "heh"s in there so as to fit their Ill conceived and ungrammatical beliefs thus rendering it as Yahshua or some other variant.

Nothing wrong with referring to Him as Yeshua though, that's how His name was originally pronounced. Just don't go lording it over those ignorant goyim.  :P
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
Jesus is also the Latinized spelling derived from the Greek derived from the Aramaic. We all know how moderns hate their Latin. Too Catholic.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(03-10-2018, 01:01 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: I see this a lot online.

What's up with that?
Peace.....I believe "Yeshua" is the Aramaic language for Jesus.  If you saw Passion of the Christ by Mel Gibson, this term is used often in the movie by his mother.  God bless, angeltime :)
Yes, thank you everyone for your responses.

I think you are all right and it's a case of Protestants who are being influenced by Dispensationalist, Messianic Jews who are milking them for money for Israeli settlements.  People such as Jonathon Cahn.

Unfortunately these folks are mesmerized by the converted "rabbis" who make them feel a bit superior by teaching them that we should be referring to Jesus as Yeshua.
(03-11-2018, 12:16 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Yes, thank you everyone for your responses.

I think you are all right and it's a case of Protestants who are being influenced by Dispensationalist, Messianic Jews who are milking them for money for Israeli settlements.  People such as Jonathon Cahn.

Unfortunately these folks are mesmerized by the converted "rabbis" who make them feel a bit superior by teaching them that we should be referring to Jesus as Yeshua.
Peace.....sorry, but who is Jonathon Cahn?  Tks, angeltime :heart: