If you can spare the prayer
(03-12-2018, 12:01 PM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: Welp. 

I guess I finally should share this. I've been holding it back because I guess I didn't want to let it sink it, but today it did. My husband has let me know that he is not interested in being married to me if I join the Church. Our marriage was in a courthouse and never recognized by a Church so my Preist says this shouldn't be a hindrance to my Baptism or Confirmation. I kinda thought everything was okay until last Tuesday. He's not interested in working it out. It was a clear choice between him or the Church. 

I chose the Chruch, but I've not lived on my own since I was 23. Please, if you can spare some prayers I could really use them. I'm struggling a little with all of this, but I've bounced back from worse so I'm not in a terrible state. Just a bit down. Anyway. Yeah. That's happening :\ 

I'm not going to remarry. I've made that decision firmly. I'm also thinking about retiring early from my job (I'm in a position where I can afford to do so). There is a lot in flux at the moment for me, but at least I'm going to be gaining a very sound and firm foundation this Easter. 

If you can spare it, pray for me.
ANGEL OF GOD, MY GUARDIAN DEAR
TO WHOM HIS LOVES COMMITS ME HERE
EVER THIS DAY BE AT MY SIDE
TO LIGHT AND GUARD AND RULE AND GUIDE
AMEN Heart
Added to my intentions!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Spiritual warfare always intensifies right before reception into the Church. It may be helpful to recognize your husband's actions/timing as part of a planned attack by the evil one to weaken you.  The devil is livid that you are crossing sides and is barraging you with arrows.  Stay strong, keep Jesus close by going to Mass and Adoration, ask the Saints for their intercession, and pray the Rosary.  

I will keep you in my prayers as well, and ask that Jesus cover you in His Precious Blood.  I will also ask St. Joseph's intercession for your protection.  God bless.
I ask Jesus to cover me and my family in His most Precious Blood against any and all incursions of the evil one, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.  Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SEDLIBERANOSAMALO's post:
  • angeltime
IntoTheMystic,
I'm sorry to hear of this. I'll add both of you to my regular intentions.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
Thank you, Jovan, Sedliberanosamalo, and Dahveed. I really appreciate the prayers.

As for it being a spiritual warfare thing my priest mentioned that last night as well. While it doesn't make it any easier to swallow it certainly does shed some light onto the 'why' of all of this situation. That was what was causing me the greatest trouble because it just seemed so out of character for him.

Apparently, I learned yesterday from a friend, that he already has a girlfriend living with him and he is not at a hotel like he said but at an apartment. All of that, to me, indicates that he was planning this for awhile but I can't be certain. I only know that he started the paperwork February 10th (as that was when his signatures were dated). He held onto that for a long time and played 'hunky dory' for a very long time. That disturbs me, but what can I do other than move on you know?

Eh. Rambling again. Last night was the first night of good sleep since all of this so that's at least a sign of progress. On a positive note I was able to actually set my alarm for 12am and 3am for Matins and Lauds respectively. I wasn't able to do that when he was living here. I had to combine Matins, Lauds, and Prime in the morning even though I wanted to break up my sleep for prayer. Look for the positive in the negative has been sort of a 'life mantra' for me.

I'll survive, but the prayers are very much appreciated and welcome. It's comforting to not feel entirely at this alone.

Edit:

Also, I did talk to my priest about Pauline privilege. He said he was only vaguely familiar with it and was going to read up on it. He said he'll get back to me on Wednesday about it - but knowing him it'll be after Mass today as he's pretty quick about things when he notices it's causing a bit of distress for someone in his parish. We are very lucky to have him.
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://demarianumquamsatis.com/
(03-13-2018, 07:15 AM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: Thank you, Jovan, Sedliberanosamalo, and Dahveed. I really appreciate the prayers.

As for it being a spiritual warfare thing my priest mentioned that last night as well. While it doesn't make it any easier to swallow it certainly does shed some light onto the 'why' of all of this situation. That was what was causing me the greatest trouble because it just seemed so out of character for him.

Apparently, I learned yesterday from a friend, that he already has a girlfriend living with him and he is not at a hotel like he said but at an apartment. All of that, to me, indicates that he was planning this for awhile but I can't be certain. I only know that he started the paperwork February 10th (as that was when his signatures were dated). He held onto that for a long time and played 'hunky dory' for a very long time. That disturbs me, but what can I do other than move on you know?

Eh. Rambling again. Last night was the first night of good sleep since all of this so that's at least a sign of progress. On a positive note I was able to actually set my alarm for 12am and 3am for Matins and Lauds respectively. I wasn't able to do that when he was living here. I had to combine Matins, Lauds, and Prime in the morning even though I wanted to break up my sleep for prayer. Look for the positive in the negative has been sort of a 'life mantra' for me.

I'll survive, but the prayers are very much appreciated and welcome. It's comforting to not feel entirely at this alone.

Edit:

Also, I did talk to my priest about Pauline privilege. He said he was only vaguely familiar with it and was going to read up on it. He said he'll get back to me on Wednesday about it - but knowing him it'll be after Mass today as he's pretty quick about things when he notices it's causing a bit of distress for someone in his parish. We are very lucky to have him.
Peace.....just a thought that when all is said and done and you are received into the Church at Easter, take time after that just to reflect and pray - perhaps during the summer/fall, a retreat even if just for a weekend.  Some people are received into the Church and dive into a ministry or program, but really are neophytes (new) and in your situation, need to reflect back on all that happened and then forward to experience some healing.  These are just some thoughts to share; I'm sure you pastor will be of help to you...God bless, angeltime Heart
Angeltime: very true Smile We are moving slowly. I've been doing the Little Office of the BVM since a few weeks post starting RCIA. I wanted to do liturgical prayer and since I have a very strong devotion to Mary my priest recommend I start with that prayer. As for jumping into anything we've been moving slowly. He's a cautious man which I'm thankful for as he's kept me from biting off more than I can chew at once. Breaking up my sleep has been something I've wanted to do now for a few months; however, I couldn't because my priest said it would cause unneeded tension in the home....now though...it's just me and the two kitties and they don't mind. They tend to cuddle up next to me while I'm kneeling Smile
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://demarianumquamsatis.com/
(03-13-2018, 08:05 AM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: Angeltime: very true Smile We are moving slowly. I've been doing the Little Office of the BVM since a few weeks post starting RCIA. I wanted to do liturgical prayer and since I have a very strong devotion to Mary my priest recommend I start with that prayer. As for jumping into anything we've been moving slowly. He's a cautious man which I'm thankful for as he's kept me from biting off more than I can chew at once. Breaking up my sleep has been something I've wanted to do now for a few months; however, I couldn't because my priest said it would cause unneeded tension in the home....now though...it's just me and the two kitties and they don't mind. They tend to cuddle up next to me while I'm kneeling Smile
Peace.....that's good about your priest being so considerate and helpful!  My very first prayer book was the Little Office of the Blessed Virgin Mary - so simple and prayerful keeping Mary in our daily life.  I still use it when I feel inspired or on a Feast Day of the Blessed Mother.  I like it during Advent.  You will certainly feel uplifted at the Easter Vigil!  God bless, angeltime Heart
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • IntoTheMystic
Angeltime: I am very much looking forward to the Easter Vigil Smile The Little Office is a wonderful prayer book. It's also not as variable as the Divine Office which is great for me because I can start to get a better feel for my Latin (which I haven't used since undergraduate school ;P).

I managed to speak with my priest again today after Mass and he assured/reassured me that the separation would not be an issue for my baptism and confirmation. I was so worried I'd have a huge hurdle come up against me, but I'll be joining the Church just as planned. Funny enough I remember the very first thing I did when I was called to the Chruch was a Novena to Mary Undoer of Knots asking for an easy time coming to Baptism and asked that She undo anything which would keep me from practicing my new faith with all my heart. I figured my social anxiety and the loss of a few friends would be the biggest hurdles I would have to face and those seemed insurmountable at the time...but this? I wouldn't have imagined I would have the strength to deal with something like this...although, I guess I don't really. I wouldn't be able to get through this without the prayers of folks like you all on this forum or even more so without the help from God and Mary. I find myself surprised at how easy I am dealing with this. I keep waiting for a breakdown moment - which I'm certain will happen - but it hasn't yet (beyond the first two days).

If anything; all of this is solidifying my faith and commitment to the Church. I am thankful for this experience. Even though it's been painful to deal with it has confirmed for me so much and removed any bits of doubt I had left as to this being the right choice. I can not wait to call you all Sisters and Brothers in Christ.

Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart, for all your prayers while I'm going through this little bump and through my entire RCIA period. I couldn't have done this without ya'll. Even though I'm quiet on here most of the time...I read a lot of what you all post and it keeps me motivated Smile <3
(03-14-2018, 08:36 PM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: Angeltime: I am very much looking forward to the Easter Vigil Smile The Little Office is a wonderful prayer book. It's also not as variable as the Divine Office which is great for me because I can start to get a better feel for my Latin (which I haven't used since undergraduate school ;P).

I managed to speak with my priest again today after Mass and he assured/reassured me that the separation would not be an issue for my baptism and confirmation. I was so worried I'd have a huge hurdle come up against me, but I'll be joining the Church just as planned. Funny enough I remember the very first thing I did when I was called to the Chruch was a Novena to Mary Undoer of Knots asking for an easy time coming to Baptism and asked that She undo anything which would keep me from practicing my new faith with all my heart. I figured my social anxiety and the loss of a few friends would be the biggest hurdles I would have to face and those seemed insurmountable at the time...but this? I wouldn't have imagined I would have the strength to deal with something like this...although, I guess I don't really. I wouldn't be able to get through this without the prayers of folks like you all on this forum or even more so without the help from God and Mary. I find myself surprised at how easy I am dealing with this. I keep waiting for a breakdown moment - which I'm certain will happen - but it hasn't yet (beyond the first two days).

If anything; all of this is solidifying my faith and commitment to the Church. I am thankful for this experience. Even though it's been painful to deal with it has confirmed for me so much and removed any bits of doubt I had left as to this being the right choice. I can not wait to call you all Sisters and Brothers in Christ.

Thank you all again, from the bottom of my heart, for all your prayers while I'm going through this little bump and through my entire RCIA period. I couldn't have done this without ya'll. Even though I'm quiet on here most of the time...I read a lot of what you all post and it keeps me motivated Smile <3
Peace.....I see from your emails that you are handling things very well - co-operating with the grace of God and the Blessed Mother!  Yes, I too have a special place in my heart for my first prayer book BVM; mine is all taped up and I still refuse to buy a new one since it is my first and treasure.  I think if and when you breakdown (in tears) it will be a final release of pent up worry, stress and change.  You will feel better because these kind of tears and sorrow are healing and eventually bring peace and joy!  You also have an organized plan in your mind with the guidance of the priest, and soon it will be Easter Vigil!!  You will have to let us know when you are Baptized and Confirmed so we can congratulate you and continue to pray for you as well!  God bless, angeltime Heart Pray Monstrance p.s. forgot to add that I was considering to send you the prayer for Our Lady Undoer of Knots and here you already did it! She is doing a good job for you - haha!!