Nor'Easters, Shingles and A Grandmother's Passing
Howdy, fellow Fisheaters.

For all of you outside the Boston area, we are now facing the THIRD Nor'easter storm in TEN DAYS! You read it right. The THIRD in ten days.

Snow totals are expected to be between 12 and 18 inches. Some small areas around the South Shore or near the Rhode Island border may even get up to two feet of snow. But that is the exception to the rule here. Wind gusts are expected in some spots to get up to 50 miles per hour.

The governor of the state, Charlie Baker, is asking folks to stay home if they can. Boston public schools will be cancelled Tuesday as I'm sure the rest of the state schools will do likewise.

Dear friends, I am SO going to welcome Spring this year. This in it's own way has been a brutal Winter. I'm doing better regarding getting over the shingles virus. The right eyelid is doing much better and so many of the dark spots remaining from the blisters are fading. But half of my forehead now has those brown blotches similar to that one on the head of the former Commie dictator Gorbachev. Yuck!

Only two good things out of this storm.

One - the snow will be more light and fluffy than the snow from the last storm. Two -- St. Patrick's Day, this Saturday, show be calm weather-wise.

So please pray for us in the Boston area as we prepare for another kick-in-the-face from Ol' Man Winter.

Please pray for me that I can fully recover from the shingles.

Finally, please pray for the repose of the soul of the grandmother of my brother-in-law Scott. She passed away last week at the age of 97. He and my sister Roberta drove six hours from western Kentucky down to Mississippi for her funeral. (Sadly, they are Protestant.) Scott, already in pain from that car accident he was a victim of some weeks ago, is now battling a cold that got into his lungs and is feeling miserable. Saying goodbye to his grandma will only make him feel worse. She was a gentle, giving soul. She taught my sister Roberta how to can food and make quilts. She will be sorely missed and well loved.

So please pray for the repose of her soul and pray for Scott and Roberta and the whole family during this time of tears. As always, any new news I get, I will pass on.

Thank you all so much for your charity and your prayers. God bless you all richly through Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Joseph the Worker.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 3 users Like HailGilbert's post:
  • Becky, dahveed, jovan66102
(03-12-2018, 05:48 PM)HailGilbert Wrote: Howdy, fellow Fisheaters.

For all of you outside the Boston area, we are now facing the THIRD Nor'easter storm in TEN DAYS! You read it right. The THIRD in ten days.

Snow totals are expected to be between 12 and 18 inches. Some small areas around the South Shore or near the Rhode Island border may even get up to two feet of snow. But that is the exception to the rule here. Wind gusts are expected in some spots to get up to 50 miles per hour.

The governor of the state, Charlie Baker, is asking folks to stay home if they can. Boston public schools will be cancelled Tuesday as I'm sure the rest of the state schools will do likewise.

Dear friends, I am SO going to welcome Spring this year. This in it's own way has been a brutal Winter. I'm doing better regarding getting over the shingles virus. The right eyelid is doing much better and so many of the dark spots remaining from the blisters are fading. But half of my forehead now has those brown blotches similar to that one on the head of the former Commie dictator Gorbachev. Yuck!

Only two good things out of this storm.

One - the snow will be more light and fluffy than the snow from the last storm. Two -- St. Patrick's Day, this Saturday, show be calm weather-wise.

So please pray for us in the Boston area as we prepare for another kick-in-the-face from Ol' Man Winter.

Please pray for me that I can fully recover from the shingles.

Finally, please pray for the repose of the soul of the grandmother of my brother-in-law Scott. She passed away last week at the age of 97. He and my sister Roberta drove six hours from western Kentucky down to Mississippi for her funeral. (Sadly, they are Protestant.) Scott, already in pain from that car accident he was a victim of some weeks ago, is now battling a cold that got into his lungs and is feeling miserable. Saying goodbye to his grandma will only make him feel worse. She was a gentle, giving soul. She taught my sister Roberta how to can food and make quilts. She will be sorely missed and well loved.

So please pray for the repose of her soul and pray for Scott and Roberta and the whole family during this time of tears. As always, any new news I get, I will pass on.

Thank you all so much for your charity and your prayers. God bless you all richly through Our Lady of the Rosary and St. Joseph the Worker.
Peace and Blessings for your family during this holy Lenten Season.....angeltime :heart: :snowflake:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • Becky