Is the government killing us through our food?
I've been struggling for years with various health issues, especially acne and digestive upsets. I stopped eating gluten and it has helped somewhat, but my problems have still not gone away entirely. I am pretty sure I am going to have to try a grain-free diet from now on, which, in this corn and wheat infested culture we have, means that my only meal options will be celery and water :s

I am not allergic to wheat/grains in themselves, but rather to the Roundup (also known as glyphosate) that is liberally sprayed on these crops just before harvest. Which follows, then, that I am unable to eat anything that is sprayed with this stuff, and it is literally found (unlabeled, of course) in dozens if not hundreds of our food products.

I work at an organic food store where people routinely drop $400 in one go on organic groceries. After doing some research, and after seeing our practices at the store, I uncovered some unpleasant facts about organic food. It is poorly regulated by the government (what do you expect from a bloated entity that can't even deliver mail on Saturdays?) and often mislabeled and cross-contaminated with non-organic produce. Organic milk and eggs usually come from animals that were fed supposedly organic grains that are imported from China and Turkey rather than grown in the USA (how is that sustainable and local?). As we all know, China and many other countries over there are not known for their health standards. So if you are trying to avoid those nasty toxic pesticides that are all over conventional produce--surprise!--you may be paying top dollar for a mislabeled or mismanaged product. Not to mention that organic food is NOT completely free of pesticides, either: it is sprayed with pesticides that are supposedly derived from "organic sources." (if you want to read this yourself, look here and here.)

I read another article about how there are some rather strong suggestions that the government is allowing this slow poisoning of the populace for three ends. First, to make us die sooner and decrease the population (liberals are always worried about that). Second, to make us dependent on drugs and the medical industry to try to remedy our food-sourced (but unknown to us) ailments (I myself have spent literally thousands of dollars on worthless medical treatments). And third, to sterilize the populace and decrease the birth rate (just google "Low Sperm Count" and "Vanishing Y Chromosome" and you'll see what I mean). A little crazy? Perhaps, but fiction has to make sense. The truth doesn't always make sense.

If you think about it, the only way you could avoid all these chemicals in your food is if you grow everything yourself, which is impossible for most of us. More than half of Americans live in the city without even a balcony to grow a few potted herbs, much less raise chickens. So the government, if they truly are behind all of this, really has us in a bind, because we all need to eat, even if it's slowly killing us, and even if we are blowing our entire paycheck on "organic" produce that really isn't much better than conventional stuff.

Another point to bring up is the elimination of the poor through their unhealthy diet. As I'm sure you know, only the rich can afford to eat free range eggs and grass fed beef. The rest of us blokes have to go to Dollar Tree and stock up on white bread. It's either unhealthy food or no food. How's that for extermination of the undesirables?

One more thoughts. My parents were born in the 50s. They never had any of this crap in their lemonade and bread, and they have no health problems now, whereas I am on more meds than they will ever be! Why this change? Why did the government suddenly start adding weird stuff to our food supply?

Thoughts?

[url=https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2015/03/14-facts-the-organic-industry-doesnt-want-you-to-know/][/url]

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

[-] The following 2 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover, Zedta
I can't read the whole thing, but yes.

Look up contraceptive corn.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
Video is 1:44

Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Zedta
Ya, I post in this forum on these subjects all the time.

Here's one great source for info. He's so good that YouTube pulled his channel down and over 1700 articles and videos as well and band him. That's what telling the truth gets ya on the tube!

http://www.healthranger.com/
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous that he cannot believe it exists.
J Edgar Hoover

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain
(03-13-2018, 09:46 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I've been struggling for years with various health issues, especially acne and digestive upsets. I stopped eating gluten and it has helped somewhat, but my problems have still not gone away entirely. I am pretty sure I am going to have to try a grain-free diet from now on, which, in this corn and wheat infested culture we have, means that my only meal options will be celery and water :s

I am not allergic to wheat/grains in themselves, but rather to the Roundup (also known as glyphosate) that is liberally sprayed on these crops just before harvest. Which follows, then, that I am unable to eat anything that is sprayed with this stuff, and it is literally found (unlabeled, of course) in dozens if not hundreds of our food products.

I work at an organic food store where people routinely drop $400 in one go on organic groceries. After doing some research, and after seeing our practices at the store, I uncovered some unpleasant facts about organic food. It is poorly regulated by the government (what do you expect from a bloated entity that can't even deliver mail on Saturdays?) and often mislabeled and cross-contaminated with non-organic produce. Organic milk and eggs usually come from animals that were fed supposedly organic grains that are imported from China and Turkey rather than grown in the USA (how is that sustainable and local?). As we all know, China and many other countries over there are not known for their health standards. So if you are trying to avoid those nasty toxic pesticides that are all over conventional produce--surprise!--you may be paying top dollar for a mislabeled or mismanaged product. Not to mention that organic food is NOT completely free of pesticides, either: it is sprayed with pesticides that are supposedly derived from "organic sources." (if you want to read this yourself, look here and here.)

I read another article about how there are some rather strong suggestions that the government is allowing this slow poisoning of the populace for three ends. First, to make us die sooner and decrease the population (liberals are always worried about that). Second, to make us dependent on drugs and the medical industry to try to remedy our food-sourced (but unknown to us) ailments (I myself have spent literally thousands of dollars on worthless medical treatments). And third, to sterilize the populace and decrease the birth rate (just google "Low Sperm Count" and "Vanishing Y Chromosome" and you'll see what I mean). A little crazy? Perhaps, but fiction has to make sense. The truth doesn't always make sense.

If you think about it, the only way you could avoid all these chemicals in your food is if you grow everything yourself, which is impossible for most of us. More than half of Americans live in the city without even a balcony to grow a few potted herbs, much less raise chickens. So the government, if they truly are behind all of this, really has us in a bind, because we all need to eat, even if it's slowly killing us, and even if we are blowing our entire paycheck on "organic" produce that really isn't much better than conventional stuff.

Another point to bring up is the elimination of the poor through their unhealthy diet. As I'm sure you know, only the rich can afford to eat free range eggs and grass fed beef. The rest of us blokes have to go to Dollar Tree and stock up on white bread. It's either unhealthy food or no food. How's that for extermination of the undesirables?

One more thoughts. My parents were born in the 50s. They never had any of this crap in their lemonade and bread, and they have no health problems now, whereas I am on more meds than they will ever be! Why this change? Why did the government suddenly start adding weird stuff to our food supply?

Thoughts?

[url=https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2015/03/14-facts-the-organic-industry-doesnt-want-you-to-know/][/url]

I disagree completely that it's difficult for the poor to eat well.  It's entirely possible to eat healthy, well-rounded meals on practically no money.  It won't be organic stuff, but it doesn't need to be.  The problem is that people are stupid and lazy and like eating crap.  A bag of chips and a few candy bars cost more than a whole bag of brown rice and a couple cartons of eggs and milk.  Vegetables really aren't very expensive either, especially the ones that really count like leafy greens.  But most people don't want to eat cabbage and romaine lettuce.  Also: a multivitamin supply for 6 months costs 5 bucks if you get the generic store brand.  

Here's what happened: The government told us that we should replace eating fats and proteins with carbs to make us """"skinny"""" and there has never been anything more wrong ever.  

>Hey, upstanding American men and women, don't eat those bacon and eggs
>Here, have these simple sugars and high glycemic index foods
>You feel hypoglycemic after a couple hours?  Eat some more but stay away from butter
>Have these trans fats instead to "lose weight"
>Oh gee, what's wrong goy... you don't look so good...
[-] The following 2 users Like Imperator Caesar Trump's post:
  • chaosgamma, Galahad3
Unfortunately, most people today don't actually know how to cook things like beans, rice, cabbage . . .   They just end up getting what they know how to make: stuff with directions printed on it, including those little packets of microwavable rice that are ready in 90 seconds.  That stuff is so ridiculously overpriced!  But if you don't know how to make the real thing, it seems like the only option.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fontevrault's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(03-14-2018, 01:06 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Unfortunately, most people today don't actually know how to cook things like beans, rice, cabbage . . .   They just end up getting what they know how to make: stuff with directions printed on it, including those little packets of microwavable rice that are ready in 90 seconds.  That stuff is so ridiculously overpriced!  But if you don't know how to make the real thing, it seems like the only option.
And many of the poor, homeless or those living in a room with no kitchen privileges, have no place to cook. The options are an electric teakettle and ramen, or already prepared foods. Ramen are cheap and extremely unhealthy, most prepared foods are expensive and extremely unhealthy.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I think I could figure out a way around the whole "no kitchen" thing with a slow cooker.  Yes, ramen are unhealthy; so are many convenience foods.  The larger problem is that folks don't know how to cook and take care of themselves.  I can make beans and rice in a slow cooker.  It might not have the perfect texture, but I can manage it.  I can even get a slow cooker at ARC, Salvation Army, or a Habitat for Humanity thrift store for far less than if I were to buy it new.  If these people had been taught to cook early on, they would be able to turn $2 worth of beans and rice into meals for a week.  Heck, with a couple more dollars, you could add some extras to spice it up quite a bit.  

A family need not go hungry in America if they have the basic skills in the kitchen.  Consider the price of a loaf of bread.  If someone goes to the grocery store, they will pay $3 minimum for a full sized loaf of sandwich bread.  It's little more than wonder bread, but it is bread.  A basic "French loaf" (and I use the term loosely) is $1 at the Walmart.  Is it good bread?  Nope.  Will it feed a family? Nope.  For about $0.20 I can make a loaf of bread that looks like it came from a high end bakery.  I've been baking, cooking, and canning my whole life.  My mother lives in France half the year and misses my bread when she is gone.  She's in France and misses my bread.  It's not hard to do.  It doesn't take a lot of education to accomplish it.  I just have done it a lot.  If I didn't have an oven, I could even cook a loaf of bread in my slow cooker.  Crazy?  Certainly, but it works!

I'd swear there is a grand plan to make Americans helpless and dependent on government.  It's the only thing that makes sense.  75 years ago, families had gardens, raised their own food, canned, and used largely basic ingredients that were available locally.  At this point, we've lost the basic skills needed to do those things.  People are dependent in ways that would have seemed unimaginable to our grandparents.  Heck, my grandmother was married at 16 and had to budget every penny of my grandfather's salary.  At 16, she had more financial sense than most adults today.  She would budget carefully so that the bills were paid on time and her children never went hungry.  Were they rich?  Not a chance.  They just made it work.  She tells a story of a horrible day when she had 1/4 lb of beef to feed 6 people and no money to buy more until payday (the next day fortunately).  She made what she describes as "the world's driest meatloaf" but everyone had a hot meal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fontevrault's post:
  • Catherine, Zedta
(03-14-2018, 02:46 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Consider the price of a loaf of bread.  If someone goes to the grocery store, they will pay $3 minimum for a full sized loaf of sandwich bread.  It's little more than wonder bread, but it is bread.  A basic "French loaf" (and I use the term loosely) is $1 at the Walmart.  Is it good bread?  Nope.  Will it feed a family? Nope.  For about $0.20 I can make a loaf of bread that looks like it came from a high end bakery.  I've been baking, cooking, and canning my whole life.  My mother lives in France half the year and misses my bread when she is gone.  She's in France and misses my bread.  It's not hard to do.  It doesn't take a lot of education to accomplish it.  I just have done it a lot.  If I didn't have an oven, I could even cook a loaf of bread in my slow cooker.  Crazy?  Certainly, but it works!
However, that only works if you have some sort of roof over your head with electrical power. But if you do, you could supplement that slow cooker with a bread machine, usually available for $3-$5 at thrift stores. Makes good, solid, healthy bread. Our Son bought us one last fall for $5. I have bought exactly one loaf of store bought bread since then! A good soup or stew in the slow cooker and good bread to go with it. Many people in poorer countries would consider that to be the lap of luxury.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Zedta
(03-14-2018, 03:05 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: However, that only works if you have some sort of roof over your head with electrical power. But if you do, you could supplement that slow cooker with a bread machine, usually available for $3-$5 at thrift stores. Makes good, solid, healthy bread. Our Son bought us one last fall for $5. I have bought exactly one loaf of store bought bread since then! A good soup or stew in the slow cooker and good bread to go with it. Many people in poorer countries would consider that to be the lap of  luxury.

If you have a roof over your head . . .  yes.   Of course, if you are living out of a car, a box on the street, or a homeless shelter, you've got much bigger problems.  

But yes, tonight we are having a fish soup and fresh bread.  There's not much wrong with that.   :D  Lent . . .  when it feels so decadent to have fish . . .  Yum!