looking for celibate spouse LOL
yes, i am looking for Mr Right--so right he will want to remain celibate just as I plan to.

I know I will have many takers here. :cool: 

I am smart but crazy

educated but... crazy

good Catholic but... well, you get the picture

I am not sure why i want to remain celibate... it just seems like a good idea...

If you want to hear more about me, please respond.. I am sure I will have hundreds of responses by tomorrow!
(03-14-2018, 05:39 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: yes, i am looking for Mr Right--so  right he will want to remain celibate just as I plan to.

I am smart but crazy

educated but... crazy

I am not sure why i want to remain celibate... it just seems like a good idea...

If you want to hear more about me, please respond.. I am sure I will have hundreds of responses by tomorrow!

Aren't you not allowed to be married and celibate? According to canon law I mean?
(03-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Aren't you not allowed to be married and celibate? According to canon law I mean?

Semantic confusion. I believe GraceMary means complete continence rather than celibacy. Since celibacy requires remaining unmarried, you can't be both. What she is thinking of is a Josephite marriage, such as the the BVM and St Joseph had. There have been historical examples, for example St Edward the Confessor and his Queen, Edith of Wessex.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • VoxClamantis
(03-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 05:39 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: yes, i am looking for Mr Right--so  right he will want to remain celibate just as I plan to.

I am smart but crazy

educated but... crazy

Aren't you not allowed to be married and celibate? According to canon law I mean?
I don't know  why there would be a problem w/ that. Priests are celibate and nuns are... so why can't married people be? that makes no sense, but i have he ard this kind of thing b4.
(03-14-2018, 06:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Aren't you not allowed to be married and celibate? According to canon law I mean?

Semantic confusion. I believe GraceMary means complete continence rather than celibacy. Since celibacy requires remaining unmarried, you can't be both. What she is thinking of is a Josephite marriage, such as the the BVM and St Joseph had. There have been historical examples, for example St Edward the Confessor and his Queen, Edith of Wessex.

you seem to be  contradicting yourself. If St Edward and his wife were celibate and the Holy Family... Are the rest of us exempt from such for some yet to be disclosed reason??
oh, i forgot to say that i am smart but only at certain things. At other t hings, I'm dumb as a box of rocks... and i can be absent minded too... so anyone who marries me will have to put up with all this.. the celibacy stuff... the absent-mindedness, etc..

But i am a good cook (when i cook, which, at this point, is not often)

I want a man who is not a control freak. I have had a few of those. Aren't all men like that? sigh... well, anyway, the most important thing is that he be committed to Jesus / His Church. I have had men tell me that i talk about Jesus too much...

get outa here! can you believe that?

i wish i could find a man who "talks about Jesus too much"

sigh
(03-14-2018, 06:17 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:

you seem to be  contradicting yourself. If St Edward and his wife were celibate and the Holy Family... Are the rest of us exempt from such for some yet to be disclosed reason??
Neither the Blessed Mother and St Joseph nor St Edward and Queen Edith were celibate. That's because the definition of celibacy is to not be married. Both couples were married, both in the eyes of God and of man, but practised complete continence, IOW, they never had sex.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

(03-14-2018, 06:17 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:

Neither the Blessed Mother and St Joseph nor St Edward and Queen Edith were celibate. That's because the definition of celibacy is to not be married. Both couples were married, both in the eyes of God and of man, but practised complete continence, IOW, they never had sex.

From Fr Hardon's Dictionary:

Quote:CELIBACY. The state of being unmarried and, in Church usage, of one who has never been married. Catholicism distinguishes between lay and ecclesiastical celibacy, and in both cases a person freely chooses for religious reasons to remain celibate.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Why don't you remain celibate and become a nun a Bride of Christ and let the Men become celibate for their reason whether choosing a religious vocation or staying celibate if they had a divorce or have homosexual tendencies they battle. St. Peter and his wife lived celibate lives after they found JESUS, they were already married and decided to do it which if BOTH parties agree it is ok, but if only one does , it is a mortal sin to withhold the marital act.
A few seconds in google indicated to me that a couple can be married and not consummate the marriage, but that marriage is actually dissoluble.  

gracemary, have you sought any spiritual direction regarding your vocation?  My thought is that your peculiar concept of what you want out of a marriage should be nudging you toward seeking guidance about what God is calling you to do.  I know many men who want to have sex and be priests, but your situation is the polar opposite in that you want to be celibate and married.  I think a trusted priest would be a great person to talk to, and then once you figure things out, come back and start hunting for a man.  

That's just my thought.