looking for celibate spouse LOL
Can one be celibate and married though?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Galahad3's post:
  • Imperator Caesar Trump
(03-16-2018, 02:40 AM)Galahad3 Wrote: Can one be celibate and married though?
No! No! No! No!  No! No!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I was just joshin'.
gracemary5yes, i am looking for Mr Right--so  right he will want to remain celibate just as I plan to.

I know I will have many takers here. :cool: 

I am smart but crazy

educated but... crazy

good Catholic but... well, you get the picture

I am not sure why i want to remain celibate... it just seems like a good idea...

If you want to hear more about me, please respond.. I am sure I will have hundreds of responses by tomorrow!

Bravo for being brave enough to try this method out to attract a man. On a serious note, these times  of such lax sexual mores seems to ruin potentially good relationships right from the start because of engaging in sexual activity right from the start. Good luck!

This.  I really do NOT get it.... Sometimes the people on this forum are so obtuse and academic... :huh: :s
(03-14-2018, 06:51 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:17 PM)gracemary5 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 06:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 05:57 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Aren't you not allowed to be married and celibate? According to canon law I mean?

Semantic confusion. I believe GraceMary means complete continence rather than celibacy. Since celibacy requires remaining unmarried, you can't be both. What she is thinking of is a Josephite marriage, such as the the BVM and St Joseph had. There have been historical examples, for example St Edward the Confessor and his Queen, Edith of Wessex.

you seem to be  contradicting yourself. If St Edward and his wife were celibate and the Holy Family... Are the rest of us exempt from such for some yet to be disclosed reason??
Neither the Blessed Mother and St Joseph nor St Edward and Queen Edith were celibate. That's because the definition of celibacy is to not be married. Both couples were married, both in the eyes of God and of man, but practised complete continence, IOW, they never had sex.

WRONG

the definition of celibate is: does not have sex
(03-16-2018, 11:26 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote:

This.  I really do NOT get it.... Sometimes the people on this forum are so obtuse and academic... :huh: :s

how utterly ironic

as i have no idea what you are referring to

hate when people leave out important info
cel·e·brate
ˈseləˌbrāt/
verb

1. 1.
    acknowledge (a significant or happy day or event) with a social gathering or enjoyable activity.

(03-16-2018, 01:32 PM)gracemary5 Wrote: WRONG

the definition of celibate is: does not have sex

From the Servant of God John Hardon's 'Modern Catholic Dictionary':

CELIBACY. The state of being unmarried and, in Church usage, of one who has never been married. Catholicism distinguishes between lay and ecclesiastical celibacy, and in both cases a person freely chooses for religious reasons to remain celibate.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

In fact, I'm reminded of a horror story I heard from a solid, Trad leaning Priest. One of his bother Priests told him, 'I promised to be celibate. I never promised not to have sex.' Of course, he must have missed the moral theology course in which it was explained that all Christians are called to chastity in their state of life, and for a celibate person (i.e. unmarried, see Fr Hardon's definition) that means total continence or no sex.

St Bernard of Clairvaux