looking for celibate spouse LOL
(03-16-2018, 03:07 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: One of his bother Priests told him, 'I promised to be celibate. I never promised not to have sex.' 

Yikes.
(03-16-2018, 03:09 PM)Galahad3 Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 03:07 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: One of his bother Priests told him, 'I promised to be celibate. I never promised not to have sex.' 

Yikes.

Well, he has plenty of brother priests, bishops and popes that totally back him up by example...
A marriage with no sex is what they call "ratified but not consummated." It's analogous to agreeing to a legal arrangement but never actually signing the contract. I don't know whether or not a marrage can be legitimately ratified if there's a deliberate intent not to consummate.
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
(03-18-2018, 01:24 PM)Daddy Wrote: A marriage with no sex is what they call "ratified but not consummated." It's analogous to agreeing to a legal arrangement but never actually signing the contract. I don't know whether or not a marrage can be legitimately ratified if there's a deliberate intent not to consummate.

As I pointed out earlier, and as Ptochos confirmed in reply #12 with a quote from Trent, it is the consent that ratifies the marriage. If there is a mutual agreement to enter into a Josephite marriage (what the world would call a 'platonic relationship') it is no less a real and valid marriage. St Edward the Confessor and his Queen, Edith of Wessex made such an agreement, and Edward is a Saint. 

Saints Louis and Marie-Azélie Martin, the parents of St Therese of the Holy Face and the Infant Jesus, entered a Josephite marriage and only consummated it under spiritual direction.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(03-18-2018, 01:54 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-18-2018, 01:24 PM)Daddy Wrote: A marriage with no sex is what they call "ratified but not consummated." It's analogous to agreeing to a legal arrangement but never actually signing the contract. I don't know whether or not a marrage can be legitimately ratified if there's a deliberate intent not to consummate.

As I pointed out earlier, and as Ptochos confirmed in reply #12 with a quote from Trent, it is the consent that ratifies the marriage. If there is a mutual agreement to enter into a Josephite marriage (what the world would call a 'platonic relationship') it is no less a real and valid marriage. St Edward the Confessor and his Queen, Edith of Wessex made such an agreement, and Edward is a Saint. 

Saints Louis and Marie-Azélie Martin, the parents of St Therese of the Holy Face and the Infant Jesus, entered a Josephite marriage and only consummated it under spiritual direction.

Well, if that's the case then the Church is wrong to dissolve marriages that are only ratified. Or is wrong not to dissolve marriages that are consummated.
There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
i don't think
Quote:Why don't you remain celibate and become a nun a Bride of Christ and let the Men become celibate for their

how do u know i haven't tried?

The Church doesn't want me, apparently. I am too holy for the Church (slight exaggeration but...)...

Vatican II strikes again
Quote:I think the logic of dissolving an unconsummated marriage is that one partner wants to consummate and the other does not. Perhaps they didn't discuss this beforehand (I'm sure in the days of arranged marriages people didn't discuss such things) or maybe even if they both agreed, unless the agreement was a solemn vow, it is not binding under sin. That said, I would think there are a VERY few Josephite marriages where people come to that agreement before marrying. Maybe in cases where an inheritance (or succeeding to a throne) depend on marriage, but even then, I'm not sure how common it would be.

i would never marry anyone who didn't agree to be celibate. Who would? That should go w/o saying
I am about to cry.

I came here not to be ridiculed about how i shouldn't want to remain celibate while being married (to some unfortunate bloke who resents me for it)

but to find Mr. Right

and this is what I get?!

sigh

Well, if you are

Republican
Roman Catholic traditiionalist
high IQ
put Jesus first

you may be the man for me!

:D
no response

OMG! I am so shocked