Presentment of Conversion
My Mom and I are converts. We came into the Church together. We went through RCIA classes. We did not really learn anything but met some nice caring people (and got some good recipes). If you can get him to convert, please do it through a good RCIA program. We were lucky enough to have a wonderful friend at the Sorrowful Mother Shrine in Bellevue Ohio named Rose that taught us a lot. Please make sure the program is a good one!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Becky's post:
  • angeltime
(03-15-2018, 09:40 PM)SEDLIBERANOSAMALO Wrote: Maybe remind your friend that Boomers are the ones who still use AOL.

(For the record, I am on the Boomer/Generation X cusp and recall fondly of the days of $9.95 per month AOL dial-up internet.  Never had an AOL email account, but I am sure my yahoo account dates me as well).
This early boomer (born in '47) never used AOL! But I do remember when dial-up was all we had available. I visited my sister and brother-in-law. He had DSL broadband. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Of course, my first email addy was something like ae536@freenet.cwu.edu. Freenets were the cutting edge tech. And usenet news!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Time to revive this old thread with an update....

I first mentioned this a little over two yeas ago in this thread on Dr. Jordan Peterson: https://www.fisheaters.com/forums/showth...?tid=79200

And to summarize...

(03-15-2018, 07:01 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: A while back I had mentioned that a friend of mine has had a mind-altering experience after watching many Jordan Peterson videos online.  Since then, he's accompanied my wife and I to Holy Mass (a TLM) and has tagged along to two Catholic men's discussions groups.  His background is essentially agnostic, but he did get married in a Catholic church some 20 years ago (his wife petitioned for, and received, an annulment).  Lately, he's been talking of possibly converting.  I've made some casual inquiries to my priest on what needs to be done.  However, I've never even come close to having someone I know converting, especially when I arguably had some hand in it. 

Well, since writing the above a little over a year and a half ago, I have given my friend a nudging here and there. Whenever he's available on Sunday's (his work schedule changes a lot, wherein Sundays he's not always free) he joins my wife and I in attending Holy Mass (always TLM).  I also bought him a copy of "This is the Faith" (amongst other books).  This past Spring, just a few short weeks after Easter, he began his catechism classes which consisted of one-on-one instruction with a FSSP priest.  

So, without further ado, I am proud to announce that last night my friend was received into the Catholic Church, in the old Latin Rite, by receiving the Sacraments of Baptism and Confirmation, followed by his First Communion during a low TLM.  I was his sponsor.  It was a long journey, time-wise at least, but well worth it.  

In the end, it looks like Jordan Peterson has at least pointed one soul in the proper direction.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • Alphonse il Segundo, Fionnchu, MagisterMusicae, MyLady, SeeTheLight, Some Guy