Please pray anyway
So....my sister has a new boyfriend and I met him last night. And I have to say that I'm a little bit jealous. I'm rather resentful that my sister gets all the breaks. And of course my parents love this guy and are already talking about them getting married, whereas they still are trying to convince me to break up with my guy.

So please pray that I will be satisfied with my current situation and husband and that I won't start wondering if there are other fish in the sea for me.  

:rolleyes:

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

Are you actually satisfied with your fiance? It don't get that vibe. It would be one thing if you just thought the bf was attractive, but the rest of your post means you're extrapolating that and turning it into a way to mull over your dissatisfaction.
Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you just saying that your fiancee found out that you post things here...?

I'll pray that you can be pure. BTW, unless you are actually consenting to impure thoughts and looks, noticing the attractiveness of others is not, in and of itself wrong.
(03-19-2018, 11:53 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Are you actually satisfied with your fiance? It don't get that vibe. It would be one thing if you just thought the bf was attractive, but the rest of your post means you're extrapolating that and turning it into a way to mull over your dissatisfaction.

My fiance is a good match for me in the sense that he is very gentle and kind and non-confrontational. I am very loud and dramatic and stubborn, and if he were just like me then we would probably have way more problems than we already do :P. My fiance is also a hard worker, honest, patient, and takes his faith very seriously. He is the kind of man that I would want to raise a family with, even if he doesn't look like a J Crew model.

My doubts about my fiance come from more of a selfish and shallow place...for example, my fiance is a city boy and not very handy. He doesn't know a thing about cars and doesn't care to learn. He's not very mechanical, whereas my sister's BF built his own house and installed all the wiring and appliances. My fiance is also a small man and not very tall or muscular. Sis's BF is a jacked 6 foot stud. So as you can see, the things I'm concerned about with my fiance are things that he either can't help (his height) or things that he can eventually learn (my father, for example, was a helpless city boy but taught himself to do just about anything. So there's still hope ;) ).

I have to keep in mind that I am not the perfect woman, either. I wear pants and don't wear makeup or jewelry and swear like a sailor. So I can't expect my fiance to be a Manly Man if I'm not a Girly Girl. It goes both ways.

Maybe if I start wearing more skirts and pink, my fiance will get more interested in engines :blush: :D :rolleyes:

(03-19-2018, 11:58 AM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you just saying that your fiancee found out that you post things here...?

I'll pray that you can be pure.  BTW, unless you are actually consenting to impure thoughts and looks, noticing the attractiveness of others is not, in and of itself wrong.

I honestly don't really care at this point LOL. I told him that if he read my posts, it would be to his own detriment. He promised the he wouldn't read them anymore, but if he does it's not my problem. I'm not going to stop posting here just because I'm afraid he'll see it.

(03-19-2018, 12:07 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 11:53 AM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Are you actually satisfied with your fiance? It don't get that vibe. It would be one thing if you just thought the bf was attractive, but the rest of your post means you're extrapolating that and turning it into a way to mull over your dissatisfaction.

My fiance is a good match for me in the sense that he is very gentle and kind and non-confrontational. I am very loud and dramatic and stubborn, and if he were just like me then we would probably have way more problems than we already do :P. My fiance is also a hard worker, honest, patient, and takes his faith very seriously. He is the kind of man that I would want to raise a family with, even if he doesn't look like a J Crew model.

My doubts about my fiance come from more of a selfish and shallow place...for example, my fiance is a city boy and not very handy. He doesn't know a thing about cars and doesn't care to learn. He's not very mechanical, whereas my sister's BF built his own house and installed all the wiring and appliances. My fiance is also a small man and not very tall or muscular. Sis's BF is a jacked 6 foot stud. So as you can see, the things I'm concerned about with my fiance are things that he either can't help (his height) or things that he can eventually learn (my father, for example, was a helpless city boy but taught himself to do just about anything. So there's still hope ;) ).

I have to keep in mind that I am not the perfect woman, either. I wear pants and don't wear makeup or jewelry and swear like a sailor. So I can't expect my fiance to be a Manly Man if I'm not a Girly Girl. It goes both ways.

Maybe if I start wearing more skirts and pink, my fiance will get more interested in engines :blush: :D 
I am starting to doubt what I typed in your other post. Along with what ICT asked, maybe you really, really, really need to do a bit of romantic soul-searching to see if you want to marry your fiance and be with him until death do you part (or a favor). 
Look (or read), I was engaged for nearly three years to a beautiful, kind, and wonderful woman--but one who was not for me. I persisted much longer in the relationship because I was a coward who was afraid to state the obvious. I am not trying to say that this applies to you, but....

Then again, no matter with whom you are, you are always going to meet someone who will make you think: "What if I had...?"
(03-19-2018, 12:08 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 11:58 AM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't you just saying that your fiancee found out that you post things here...?

I'll pray that you can be pure.  BTW, unless you are actually consenting to impure thoughts and looks, noticing the attractiveness of others is not, in and of itself wrong.

I honestly don't really care at this point LOL. I told him that if he read my posts, it would be to his own detriment. He promised the he wouldn't read them anymore, but if he does it's not my problem. I'm not going to stop posting here just because I'm afraid he'll see it.

Ay cain' argya wit dem faks, shuga.
(03-19-2018, 12:08 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote:

Lately I have turned into a lurker here but I just can't help myself, I mean you sound like such a catch.  I believe I will pray for your boyfriend to find whatever amount of self esteem he needs to leave you and find someone who will treat him better. Maybe this time around he can find someone who isn't so shallow or at the very least someone who is honest with themselves. God bless you both.
(03-19-2018, 01:08 PM)AugustineNYC Wrote: Lately I have turned into a lurker here but I just can't help myself, I mean you sound like such a catch.  I believe I will pray for your boyfriend to find whatever amount of self esteem he needs to leave you and find someone who will treat him better. Maybe this time around he can find someone who isn't so shallow or at the very least someone who is honest with themselves. God bless you both.

So... just because I'm acknowledging that I've noticed the attractiveness of my sister's boyfriend, that makes me a horrible person?

I believe I will pray that you find the self esteem to not put others down to make yourself feel better. Only shallow people who aren't honest with themselves post insults on internet forums and then end it with "God Bless You."

(03-19-2018, 12:41 PM)Bourbon Apocalypse Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 12:07 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote:

My doubts about my fiance come from more of a selfish and shallow place...for example, my fiance is a city boy and not very handy. He doesn't know a thing about cars and doesn't care to learn. He's not very mechanical, whereas my sister's BF built his own house and installed all the wiring and appliances. My fiance is also a small man and not very tall or muscular. Sis's BF is a jacked 6 foot douche. So as you can see, the things I'm concerned about with my fiance are things that he either can't help (his height) or things that he can eventually learn (my father, for example, was a helpless city boy but taught himself to do just about anything. So there's still hope ;) ).

Maybe if I start wearing more skirts and pink, my fiance will get more interested in engines :blush: :D 
I am starting to doubt what I typed in your other post. Along with what ICT asked, maybe you really, really, really need to do a bit of romantic soul-searching to see if you want to marry your fiance and be with him until death do you part (or a favor). 
Look (or read), I was engaged for nearly three years to a beautiful, kind, and wonderful woman--but one who was not for me. I persisted much longer in the relationship because I was a coward who was afraid to state the obvious. I am not trying to say that this applies to you, but....

Then again, no matter with whom you are, you are always going to meet someone who will make you think: "What if I had...?"
What did you type in my other post that you are beginning to doubt?