Is The Dictator Pope sedevacantist?
Not in the sense that it is aligned with any sedevacantist group or philosophy or orientation, but in the sense that it lays out some evidence indicating that Francis' election may have been invalid.  I wasn't really sure how to respond to these parts of the book when I read it, and I'm still not sure how to respond to the insinuations on the author's Twitter.  

How should a prudent Catholic respond to the idea that there may have been some serious issues with Francis' election?
The question has been hashed over and over here on FE. Even if there were irregularities in Francis' election, the fact that he was accepted as Pope by the Church, including his predecessor, means that he is Pope. MM has all the relevant quotes from the Saints and Doctors.

As I put it in the combox on my blog, 'Comments will be deleted that are...attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (no I don't like him, but he is Pope!).'
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert
(03-20-2018, 11:43 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: The question has been hashed over and over here on FE. Even if there were irregularities in Francis' election, the fact that he was accepted as Pope by the Church, including his predecessor, means that he is Pope. MM has all the relevant quotes from the Saints and Doctors.

As I put it in the combox on my blog, 'Comments will be deleted that are...attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (no I don't like him, but he is Pope!).'

Is your understanding of the book (if you read it), that the author is going down this road?  What you're describing is sort of what my understanding is of this question of papal legitimacy; I wasn't even under the impression that following the election procedures mattered since it's not as if popes weren't chosen in other ways in the past.
(03-20-2018, 11:47 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Is your understanding of the book (if you read it), that the author is going down this road?  What you're describing is sort of what my understanding is of this question of papal legitimacy; I wasn't even under the impression that following the election procedures mattered since it's not as if popes weren't chosen in other ways in the past.

Unfortunately, whilst I'd love to read it, books are not exactly in my budget. When I get a little ahead, I intend to buy the Kindle edition. And, on books, unfortunately I'm not made of as stern of stuff as Erasmus!
[Image: download.jpg]

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert, Imperator Caesar Trump, Justin Alphonsus
Well considering it's called "The Dictator POPE"...
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102
(03-21-2018, 01:46 AM)Dominicus Wrote: Well considering it's called "The Dictator POPE"...

LOL, that's actually a pretty good point.  But then my question is: Why bring up the questionable election in the first place?  What is he getting at?  I suppose he's maybe just saying that the college acted rashly and unwisely, and Francis is a consequence of that.  But it's not as if the normal process imbues the election with supercharged Holy Spirit protection against crappy popes.  I dunno  :huh: angeltime
(03-20-2018, 11:29 PM)Imperator Caesar Trump Wrote: Not in the sense that it is aligned with any sedevacantist group or philosophy or orientation, but in the sense that it lays out some evidence indicating that Francis' election may have been invalid.  I wasn't really sure how to respond to these parts of the book when I read it, and I'm still not sure how to respond to the insinuations on the author's Twitter.  

How should a prudent Catholic respond to the idea that there may have been some serious issues with Francis' election?

The issue with Pope Francis' election is that the cardinals met in the secret conclave. Eventually white smoke came out of the chimney. The dean of the cardinals came to the window and said, "Habemus papum...." Ex-Cardinal Bergoglio (now Pope Francis) came to teh window and was recognized by all of the cardinals as the one that they chose.
Even non Catholics, atheists, Protestants, Orthodox etc..., people who will tell you in a heartbeat that they don't agree with this and that that he says and does, recognize the election of Pope Francis.
Peace.....I have heard and read so much and my friends agree, we really don't know the truth!  It seems as though we (the little people) support this emotionally, spiritually and financially, however never seem to get to the meat of the problem and then problem-solve. In many respects we are still in the dark.  I also read some time ago, that Benedict did not really "resign" but stepped aside to maintain the contemplative side of the job, while Francis stepped in to maintain the active side.  Then I read Francis was not happy that he did not have the full reigns.  (This is why Benedict is still wearing white)  So, we don't know for certain.
God bless, angeltime :heart:
Austen Ivereigh tweeted,

Quote:The heretofore anonymous author of an attempted hit-job on the pope turns out to be, surprise surprise, an obscure Lefevbrist who believes modern popes are heretics. So can all go back to sleep now.

Sire replied,

Quote:In the media blizzard of this week, the Tweet below from @austeni is especially memorable. The combination of insult, falsehood and strategic non-mention of my name or book make it a stand-out. His 'hope it fizzles out' tone is a nice touch, and I can see why he would wish that.
And further, John Andre tweeted in regard to the above,

Quote:Are you a Lefevbrist?  Do you believe modern Popes are heretics?  I am sympathetic to your book and have concerns about the Pope, but these are serious accusations and should be answered.

To which, Sire replied,

Quote:To answer your direct questions, I am not a 'Lefebvrist' - and will attend Holy Week services at a city parish, though my previous book discusses SSPX and its importance in detail. I do not think modern popes are heretics.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
I believe we've had recognized saints as well as the great martyr Girolamo Savonarola, who believed that there were limits even on what a Pope could get away with. Francis may not be there yet but he's heading in that direction.