Poll: hardest thing to believe in the Bible
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
the virgin birth
0%
0 0%
Resurrection of Jesus
0%
0 0%
Lazarus brought back to life
0%
0 0%
Jonah and the whale
50.00%
1 50.00%
"God is love" (1 Jn 4:8)
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

hardest thing to believe in the Bible
What is hardest thing to (always) believe in the Bible
Nothing. It doesn't make sense to believe in some of God's miracles and not others. Either he can do all those things or he can't.
[-] The following 5 users Like havok579257's post:
  • angeltime, Becky, jovan66102, MagisterMusicae, Steven
(03-23-2018, 02:02 PM)havok579257 Wrote: Nothing.  It doesn't make sense to believe in some of God's miracles and not others.  Either he can do all those things or he can't.
Agreed.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Becky, havok579257
(03-23-2018, 02:02 PM)havok579257 Wrote: Nothing.  It doesn't make sense to believe in some of God's miracles and not others.  Either he can do all those things or he can't.

Faith is defined as the acceptance of a truth which is no obvious or able to be proven on the authority of another.

If that authority is God who has spoken through the teaching authority of the Church, and that authority has defined that there are 73 books of the Bible which were all directly Inspired by God, so they with all of their parts are inerrant, and copies and translations of the authentic editions are substantially without error, then we must accept Scripture on those terms.

There may be difficulty in interpretation, but not in belief. That is why we have the Church to give us the guard rails.

Thus we have to accept that God created the world, and that Moses has presented this creation as a series of 6 days, but we do not need to (and even the Church Fathers are split) on exactly how to consider this time. Also the global universality of the flood is the less-common (and pretty much scientifically disproven) opinion, despite the language of scripture. Yet we have to believe that God destroyed all men except eight by a flood.

If we accept the bible, then it happened—at least the four events you list. The fifth is simply true.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • havok579257, jovan66102