Hello
Hello FE. I have lurked FE for many years and just have recently decided to become an active member. I became a Roman Catholic 10 years ago in a very limp wristed and milquetoast Novus Ordo parish in the suburbs. The RCIA director had me read "Living Buddha, Living Christ" written by a Buddhist monk during my conversion. Needless to say I did not get a very good formation and spent most of the last decade kind of spinning in spiritual circles. While I lived out west in San Diego I was attending a pretty solid FSSP parish but have since moved across the country. About 9 months I began exploring the Eastern Orthodox Church for several reasons. The main one is my on going revulsion at the state of the Catholic Church, the hierarchy, and the current pope. 

What really convinced me or at least gave me reason for serious doubt of the Catholic Church was reading on the energy/essence distinction, created grace, and quite frankly I find the Orthodox arguments and sources on the historical nature and standing of the Roman papacy more convincing. 

It is hard for me to formally break and leave the Catholic Church as I came to it for a reason 10 years ago. I'm not here to argue, but I'm simply here to continue my spiritual progression and give Catholicism a fair hearing, particularly the Eastern rites. 

Other than all of that I'm a husband and a father of two little girls. 

God bless,
Roland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roland's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
Welcome, welcome!!!
[Image: Annie-Oakley.png]
Try the link again....
Local anti-feminist.....if you think women deserve special treatment without any accountability for their actions expect to hear from me!
(03-25-2018, 08:30 PM)Roland Wrote: Hello FE. I have lurked FE for many years and just have recently decided to become an active member. I became a Roman Catholic 10 years ago in a very limp wristed and milquetoast Novus Ordo parish in the suburbs. The RCIA director had me read "Living Buddha, Living Christ" written by a Buddhist monk during my conversion. Needless to say I did not get a very good formation and spent most of the last decade kind of spinning in spiritual circles. While I lived out west in San Diego I was attending a pretty solid FSSP parish but have since moved across the country. About 9 months I began exploring the Eastern Orthodox Church for several reasons. The main one is my on going revulsion at the state of the Catholic Church, the hierarchy, and the current pope. 

What really convinced me or at least gave me reason for serious doubt of the Catholic Church was reading on the energy/essence distinction, created grace, and quite frankly I find the Orthodox arguments and sources on the historical nature and standing of the Roman papacy more convincing. 

It is hard for me to formally break and leave the Catholic Church as I came to it for a reason 10 years ago. I'm not here to argue, but I'm simply here to continue my spiritual progression and give Catholicism a fair hearing, particularly the Eastern rites. 

God bless,
Roland
Peace.....you are coming into the Catholic Church at a very difficult but historical time.  Give it more time and perhaps you can locate an FSSP Parish again near you.  I know several people who are connecting with the Eastern Rites and they say, and I agree, it is because the Novus Ordo is so dry and has lost a lot of the mysticism and prayer life.  So, we are hungering for that again!  I have one friend in particular who is attending Tridentine Mass when possible and Ukranian Catholic Liturgy more often because it is closer to his home.  So, don't give up and searching is not a problem really - it will help you to have more of a conviction in the long run and you will grow and be educated from your experience.  I myself listen to Gregorian Chant often to keep my mind in that special place and I know a priest who actually refers to the Novus Ordo Mass and music as "the cowboy mass" - haha!!
 God bless, angeltime :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • Roland
(03-25-2018, 08:30 PM)Roland Wrote: Hello FE. I have lurked FE for many years and just have recently decided to become an active member. I became a Roman Catholic 10 years ago in a very limp wristed and milquetoast Novus Ordo parish in the suburbs. The RCIA director had me read "Living Buddha, Living Christ" written by a Buddhist monk during my conversion. Needless to say I did not get a very good formation and spent most of the last decade kind of spinning in spiritual circles. While I lived out west in San Diego I was attending a pretty solid FSSP parish but have since moved across the country. About 9 months I began exploring the Eastern Orthodox Church for several reasons. The main one is my on going revulsion at the state of the Catholic Church, the hierarchy, and the current pope. 

God bless,
Roland
I just entered the Church 2015, but I was warned beforehand. Though I came in through a very conservative NO parish, Communion on the tongue/kneeling I've just recently joined an Institute of Christ the King parish that is only 15 miles from my house. If you no longer have FSSP, try the ICKSP - http://www.institute-christ-king.org/home/

If I'm not mistaken the Orthodox allow one to have 3 marriages (two divorces) and are ok with contraception.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kono's post:
  • angeltime
Welcome! This is a wonderful place to learn about the Faith :) Glad to have you here with us <3
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
Roland, I don't know if it will help, but here is the story of why I left Orthodoxy to become a Catholic. This is addition to their calling Christ a liar on marriage, and their obviously heretical stance on artificial contraception.

Link
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe