Discerning my Vocation
Hello guys, I haven't been active recently but here I am. 

A little bit of backstory for those who don't know, I converted to Catholicism from an Evangelical Christian family when I was 17; April 1st marks 1 year as a Catholic. I've been drawn to the priesthood continuously for 2 years now, and it's the only thing I could really see myself doing. I graduate high school this year.

I'm what you would call maybe a more mild traditional Catholic; I'm in full communion with Pope Francis and I attend the EF by default, but I also don't have many qualms with attending & receiving Holy Communion from the OF.

I'm open to discerning the FSSP, the diocesan priesthood, and the religious life. I'm mainly considering the FSSP, but the diocesan priesthood has started to look like a good option too.

I currently live in the Diocese of Baker. If I were to become a diocesan priest, it would be where I used to live in the more orthodox Diocese of Spokane. The newer priests that I've met are super orthodox; they know the Faith, wear cassocks (albeit only on Sundays), know how to chant, etc. Although, going the diocesan route would mean missing out on the more traditional formation (Tonsure, Minor Orders, Subdiaconate, the EF Mass, etc). But then you could meet the average diocesan Catholic where they're at to bring orthodoxy into the diocese like these priests, and I could enter seminary this year instead of waiting.

On that note, I emailed the vocations email for the FSSP and explained myself asking for advice, and they recommended that I wait to apply since I'm a neophyte and barely graduating high school. I would probably take a year off to work and travel a little if I go the FSSP route.

What do you guys think?
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
I think that not only are you a new Catholic but also so young should wait a bit.  Pray, attend daily Mass when you can, pray the Rosary daily (you need the Mother of God!), attend adoration weekly if you can.   And go on to college, (Franciscan where discernment is very possible) choosing a good one and major perhaps in philosophy which you will need.  Give yourself some time and experience. I don't say you have to date, etc. but be open to where God leads you. Be holy! Be chaste!

I wish you all the best and if it be God's will, that one day you will be a holy priest.
Ave Maria!
i think it is great you want to become a priest. we are in need. keep asking God to lead you where he wants you to go.
I agree with Magdalene about taking some time as a new Catholic before looking ahead to a religious vocation, though certainly keep your heart open to it!  I know daily Mass and adoration have been instrumental to my own discernment. I would strongly caution you though about going to an expensive college like Steubenville without having some form of scholarship (as opposed to student loans), as most seminaries will not accept you until your loan is paid off and it could end up being an impediment to pursuing your vocation for many years.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
I don't necessarily agree that you need to wait.  That's part of what discernment is about.  I say go for it and set up those meetings.  Jump in head first and see how it feels to you.  Don't think that FSSP is not going to put you in touch with "real Catholics".  Young people are drawn to traditionalism far more than the castrated, sterile N.O.  Read a lot of websites and blogs and stuff about issues going on with the Church.  

Also be prepared, from your first meetings, to play politics.  Bear in mind that some diocesan clergy could have certain "feelings" toward your discerning with FSSP.  The Catholic hierarchy is so political it isn't funny, so pick your spiritual advisers carefully and your words with everyone else more carefully.  Listen more than speak.
Thanks guys, I do try to keep up my spiritual life going to Mass and Eucharistic Adoration every day I can, praying the Holy Rosary, some of the Divine Office, receiving the Sacraments and making use of sacramentals, etc.

About waiting/going to college, I'm not in a huge rush. The most orthodox priest I know was only Catholic for 2 years before he entered seminary; which would also be the same with me since I'm not applying to the seminary this academic year/taking a year off to work. Anyways, seminary is discernment too; you're not fully committed until you receive Major Orders.
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American