Why is "Faces of Atheism" so funny?
I believe this was a reddit crusade of sorts that ended disastrously some years back, essentially coining the memes related to neckbeards and fedoras.  Just image search this some time.  It's hilarious.  Some of my faves:

[Image: xoqejy8y7sty.jpg]

[Image: 1383007152458.png]

[Image: proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com...d4a1b2f397]

[Image: Blank+_ba7e6342d08f16cf25d72b32e8aaf262.png]

[Image: LEp8psy.jpg]
Thank heavens I wasn't taking a drink of beer when I saw this! Otherwise, you'd owe me a new laptop! :LOL:
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
I couldn't help but note the following:

"Blah, blah, hateful Christians hate women and gays blah blah..."

followed by

"...only superior human beings such as I should be permitted to exist..."

Where have we heard that line before? :rolleyes:
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[Image: OdpkAma.png]
I know that this is true, but are these real?
Is there an official atheist top hat now or something?

Surely these are satirical.  If these are real -- especically "ParagOn" -- I'm truly at a loss for words.
I couldn't tell you which are real and which are satire (Poe's Law and all) but there are many fake "faces of atheism" images that 4chan (I think) made to mock the original "movement."

It is funny that so many of these kids think of themselves as "free-thinkers" when they fully adopt a ready-made worldview which includes all the liberal bullet points simply because they are atheists. None of those points necessarily or logically follow from the starting point of atheism (the most important facet of their identity to them). But hey, as long as they get to pretend to be revolutionaries in the face of tyranny and oppression. I guess.
[-] The following 2 users Like Galahad3's post:
  • IntoTheMystic, Justin Alphonsus
(03-28-2018, 11:39 AM)FultonFan Wrote: Is there an official atheist top hat now or something?

Surely these are satirical.  If these are real -- especically "ParagOn" -- I'm truly at a loss for words.

I only posted old images, which are very real.  This was the height of the "new atheist" movement and these people were deadly serious in the arrogance.  It only seems ironic now because these people have been parodied to hell and back.
(03-28-2018, 11:39 AM)FultonFan Wrote: Is there an official atheist top hat now or something?

Well they already have some symbols of their own, like that big red letter "A" used to represent Atheism.
They be women.   :P