What will the Church look like in 100 years?
I came across this link and it was unsettling to me, and probably written by a so-called progressive Catholic.

So I'd like to see what FishEaters has to say about the future of the Church in 100 years, supposing Christ doesn't return before then.
Corpus Christi, salva me.

Check out my new blog: A Young Popish American
(03-29-2018, 07:25 PM)LaudeturIesus Wrote: I came across this link and it was unsettling to me, and probably written by a so-called progressive Catholic.

So I'd like to see what FishEaters has to say about the future of the Church in 100 years, supposing Christ doesn't return before then.

Tradition will be a lot stronger and bigger, and there will be a yet-undeveloped and now-unimaginable version of Novus Ordoism that will have some place in the Church.
Its impossible to tell or even speculate. Had you asked Catholics in 1918 what the Church would be like in 2018 they probably would have not even in their worst nightmares imagine the magnitude of the changes that happened. I imagine from where we stand it's simply impossible to tell.  I honestly don't know.
Walk before God in simplicity, and not in subtleties of the mind. Simplicity brings faith; but subtle and intricate speculations bring conceit; and conceit brings withdrawal from God. -Saint Isaac of Syria, Directions on Spiritual Training

"It is impossible in human terms to exaggerate the importance of being in a church or chapel before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. I very seldom repeat what I say. Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity. "Father John Hardon
(03-29-2018, 07:25 PM)LaudeturIesus Wrote: I came across this link and it was unsettling to me, and probably written by a so-called progressive Catholic.

I've no idea what the Church will look like in a century, but I'm quite surprised that this piece was published in the Catholic Herald. It tends to be quite conservative. I read it frequently and link to it on my blog. It seems to the sort of thing that The Tablet, the liberal/progressive/modernist 'Catholic' paper in Britain would publish. The Tablet isn't quite as bad as the National Catholic Fishwrap, but it's close.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

It will look very Asian...and African.