Dennis Prager on Jewish Heaven
(04-03-2018, 09:36 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 09:32 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 09:24 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Thanks!  I'll check that out.  

I've heard from some who have left Judaism that just as they hid portions of the Talmud from the Church hierarchy in the Middle Ages, Rabbis and Jews will speak very differently when Gentiles are not around.

Also, it's just a bit scary that it's on the books in the same way many Muslims don't believe infidel should be beheaded but the fact is, it's on the books.

They do speak differently in the same way Catholics speak differently about Protestants and vice versa.

Yes it's in the Talmud, but how many Christians were beheaded this year by Hassids?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know.  It's just a concern for the end times.

Plus, we don't spit when we speak about Protestants or curse them three times a day in "prayer" or mock them in our rituals.
(04-03-2018, 09:37 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Plus, we don't spit when we speak about Protestants or curse them three times a day in "prayer" or mock them in our rituals.

Well I've never known a Jew who does that either.

(04-03-2018, 09:44 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 09:37 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Plus, we don't spit when we speak about Protestants or curse them three times a day in "prayer" or mock them in our rituals.

Well I've never known a Jew who does that either.

Well I've listened to interviews with some who have left Judaism and who have testified otherwise, including Rabbis who spit whenever the name of Jesus was spoken, and the ritual on Good Friday of crucifying a lamb upon which all the Rabbis spit.

This is certainly not to say all Jews are "green lizard people" as you suggested, by any means.  Most aren't even practicing and are indifferent or atheists.

(Incidentally, novelist James Herriot wrote that he was taught as a young Protestant in Scotland to always spit when passing by a Catholic Church.)

If you consider the Jewish weaponization of mass migration, they may be considered as carrying out beheadings by proxy although not by Noahide laws as of yet.

Some believe that ISIS is the Israeli Secret Intelligent Service.  Hard to say since they always wear masks.

Ben Gurion, first prime minister of Israel, laid out the Zionist plan for the New World Order in a Look Magazine article:

Anyway, have you read all the info Vox has posted on Judaism?

Which branch were you considering?
Apropos this thread, and the one on the new Good Friday Prayer for the Jews. Many years ago, not long after I came into the Church, I read a book called, 'Judaism and the Vatican: An Attempt at Spiritual Subversion', by M. le Vicomte Leon de Poncins. It was written in 1967, shortly after the Council ended, and the issuance of Nostra Aetate.

In it were quotes from Talmudists expressing their deep hatred for Christ's Church and their determination that Christianity must be eradicated from the earth. Knowing little of the subject or the author, I assumed that he was a hard-core anti-semite and that the quotes were made up out of whole cloth, or that their authors were fringe, Meir Kahane, JDL types.

Being the curious sort I am, I did some research. First, I discovered that the author had been arrested during the épuration légale in France for 'collaboration' because of his writings. When, in his trial, it came out that, far from being a collabo, he was a valiant fighter in la Résistance, the charges were dropped.

Moving on, I started researching the provenance of the quotes. Using such sources as the Jewish Encyclopedia and the Encyclopedia Judaica. I first discovered that the authors of the quotes were not fringe sorts. They were recognised, esteemed Rabbis, theologians, and philosophers of Talmudism.

Then, I found as many of the works as I could in English. I was lucky, since I was at university at the time and there was a major academic library available. I carefully looked for cites, and without exception, every one I could find in English (and the few in French that I could read with my limited knowledge of French at the time) checked out.

De Poncins had neither made them up nor selected odd quotes from Talmudist fringe fanatics. As I said, they were all from impeccably reputable sources.

It gave me a whole new view of the Council and the 'Jewish question'.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(04-03-2018, 03:02 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Apropos this thread, and the one on the new Good Friday Prayer for the Jews. Many years ago, not long after I came into the Church, I read a book called, 'Judaism and the Vatican: An Attempt at Spiritual Subversion', by M. le Vicomte Leon de Poncins. It was written in 1967, shortly after the Council ended, and the issuance of Nostra Aetate.

In it were quotes from Talmudists expressing their deep hatred for Christ's Church and their determination that Christianity must be eradicated from the earth. Knowing little of the subject or the author, I assumed that he was a hard-core anti-semite and that the quotes were made up out of whole cloth, or that their authors were fringe, Meir Kahane, JDL types.

Being the curious sort I am, I did some research. First, I discovered that the author had been arrested during the épuration légale in France for 'collaboration' because of his writings. When, in his trial, it came out that, far from being a collabo, he was a valiant fighter in la Résistance, the charges were dropped.

Moving on, I started researching the provenance of the quotes. Using such sources as the Jewish Encyclopedia and the Encyclopedia Judaica. I first discovered that the authors of the quotes were not fringe sorts. They were recognised, esteemed Rabbis, theologians, and philosophers of Talmudism.

Then, I found as many of the works as I could in English. I was lucky, since I was at university at the time and there was a major academic library available. I carefully looked for cites, and without exception, every one I could find in English (and the few in French that I could read with my limited knowledge of French at the time) checked out.

De Poncins had neither made them up nor selected odd quotes from Talmudist fringe fanatics. As I said, they were all from impeccably reputable sources.

It gave me a whole new view of the Council and the 'Jewish question'.

Yes, I think most of us are aware of the goals Islam has for subverting Christians and Jews alike, but have no inkling of the true feelings and goals of Talmudism. 

(Not to mention the Talmudic passages approving of baby rape, incest, bestiality and necrophilia!  Any knowledgeable Jew who doesn't denounce their religion on that basis alone is warped to say the least!)

I only just found out and in talking with my friends we mostly thought that modern Judaism is no different than the Old Testament religion and had warm sympathetic feelings about their culture from watching Fiddler on the Roof and Schindler's List.

Boy was I surprised!

So I'm getting kind of disgusted by the disingenuous conservative Jews who are buddying up to Catholics and Protestants alike to promote a kindred "Judeo-Christian" narrative in America.  It's really misleading and I'd prefer to deal with a forthright liberal than a lying, conniving pseudo-conservative.  :dodgy:
(04-03-2018, 03:32 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: (M)odern Judaism is no different than the Old Testament religion and had warm sympathetic feelings about their culture from watching Fiddler on the Roof and Schindler's List.
Yep! That's another one. At about the same time as the above, when I started actually reading Talmudist sources and re-reading the Old Testament, I came to the realisation that modern Talmudism has very little, if anything, to do with the Jewish religion of Our Fathers in the Faith, such as the Patriarch Abraham (Feast Day, 9 October. From the Roman Martyrology, 'The same day, the commemoration of the holy patriarch Abraham, father of all believers.').

It was a sacrificial religion, prefiguring the Sacrifice on Calvary and Holy Mass. The modern religion of Talmudism, which arrogates to itself the name 'Judaism', of course, cannot be a sacrificial religion, since God, in His Holy Wisdom, used the Romans to destroy the Temple.

I once pointed this out to an evangelical co-worker, giving him an article discussing it. He immediately dismissed it as 'nazi propaganda'! :@

BTW, Charles Coulombe once told me that he was the nicest anti-semite in the world, because he wanted all the 'Jews' to be Catholic! :LOL:

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • dahveed, Sacred Heart lover
I have at times questioned 1) Whether a real OT style Judaism is even practiced anymore anywhere? 2) How anyone who calls themselves a Jew can explain the destruction the temple based on Our Lord's prophesy and the fact that is coincidentally occurred around 40 years after Our Lord's ministry.

Interesting to question who exactly took over/continued the Jewish (or so-called Jewish) religion after the fall of the temple.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(04-03-2018, 05:39 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I have at times questioned 1) Whether a real OT style Judaism is even practiced anymore anywhere? 

It cannot be because to practice it, one must have animal sacrifice in the Temple on Mount Zion. Have you noticed what's on that site now? :D

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-03-2018, 06:07 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-03-2018, 05:39 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I have at times questioned 1) Whether a real OT style Judaism is even practiced anymore anywhere? 

It cannot be because to practice it, one must have animal sacrifice in the Temple on Mount Zion. Have you noticed what's on that site now? :D

Understood, I guess I mean all practices besides that. Of course, that'd be like asking for Catholicism without Mass, but...
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(04-03-2018, 02:28 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Anyway, have you read all the info Vox has posted on Judaism?

Which branch were you considering?

I believe so, I was in the Conservative branch of Judaism, but was interested in going Modern Orthodox.